Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

afssm123

Re: Why do People look down at you because you clean windows?
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 02:54:58 pm »
Thanks for the responses. I must admit I am looking forward to starting this business.

I run another business - have done for 10 years - but I have had enough of all the red tape and Bol**cks that goes with it!.

I am looking forward to just concentrating on me

scud

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 07:40:11 pm »
I quite enjoy when I speak to customer and they thing I am dum.Try to brag to me about there investments and I come up with something smarter than what they are doing.The real dum one is the one judging you by your cover.I never tell them I have a univarsity education,its shock them.I aften get asked what am I doing cleaning window.All say is I enjoy working for myself,because bosses think I am to old or over quified as they tell me when they think I am to old. Its there loss.I find trying to prove myself to ass holes more of an insult.

I am guessing you do not mention the fact that you have an university degree in a letter, and that it is not a first in spelling and grammar?

windowswashed

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 08:20:52 pm »
I have 2 trades to fall back on but I'm happiest cleaning windows ;D

baxey cleaning services

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 08:23:34 pm »
i think some people do . had a manager in a builden is clean speak to me like s**t the other day till i give hear my invoice of £600 then she said god i think i will come a window cleaner lol

AuRavelling79

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2010, 09:53:10 am »
I quite enjoy when I speak to customer and they thing I am dum.Try to brag to me about there investments and I come up with something smarter than what they are doing.The real dum one is the one judging you by your cover.I never tell them I have a univarsity education,its shock them.I aften get asked what am I doing cleaning window.All say is I enjoy working for myself,because bosses think I am to old or over quified as they tell me when they think I am to old. Its there loss.I find trying to prove myself to ass holes more of an insult.

I am guessing you do not mention the fact that you have an university degree in a letter, and that it is not a first in spelling and grammar?

You are naughty, scud! But I like you.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2010, 08:15:28 pm »
I agree with an earlier poster.
Were it not for people's small minded view of windy's there would be a LOT more and we would all be earning a lot less.
Witness what happens when someone new starts they almost always charge too little, me included back in the day if I'm honest.  :-[
I do several shops and it always amuses me when I get attitude from some of the staff, because I know how much they earn.   ;D

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2010, 09:50:53 pm »
Get it all the time. "Here comes that windowcleaner who used to be a printer! A PRINTER! number one on a large format five colour machine, now look at you CLEANING WINDOWS! - I can't believe it, a printer used to be someone you looked up to"..........

For some reason he's my least favourite customer!  ::)

Me to i don't give a monkeys No1 on a 8 unit twin web  m600. Would i ever go back to all that crap???Not on your life, i love my job its all for me now, not some over paid idiot in a suite. Don't let it bother you. The bigger you grow mate the better it gets.

same here i was working on MAN short grain twin webs and a heidelberg m4000 - wc-ing isnt paying that kind of money... yet! but it will!

Tom White

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2010, 09:58:38 pm »
It does not bother me anymore whilst i am working,

what i dont like is meeting people on holiday, and after a few drinks they say,

"so what do you do then"?....

I tell them , and straight away i feel unconfortable, and i can tell they are thinking oh dear me ! !

Yeah I'd agree with that. I hate telling people what I do.

Especially when chatting to a bird.

Why not try to make these 'birds' laugh and dazzle them with your amazing personality, rather than trying to impress them with your business?  I also find that being good in bed always helps to maintain a relationship too.

Newannaive

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2010, 02:53:41 pm »
or university  ::)

paul saunders

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2010, 06:18:11 pm »
Here's a tip for you, don't find fault with someone else's spelling untill you have checked your own.  ;)
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

Ian B

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 09:21:05 pm »
I have a very nice house in a very nice place, I have a smart van, I work three to three and a half days a week, and I have, at the moment a nice tan without going abroad. Why should I care that anyone looks down on me. Oh, and I don't owe any money to anyone!!

Newannaive

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 09:33:41 pm »
I have a very nice house in a very nice place, I have a smart van, I work three to three and a half days a week, and I have, at the moment a nice tan without going abroad. Why should I care that anyone looks down on me. Oh, and I don't owe any money to anyone!!
3 days? easy life!  8)