Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What is the best way to get work?

Yell book / yell.com
Website
Local papers etc
Leaflets
Recomendations

garry22

Re: Most effective avertising
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 07:47:23 pm »
Robin,

Why not do a leaflet drop to your existing window cleaning clients?

A-side... Your anticipated window cleaning dates for the next two months (hopefully, they will keep the leaflet for that time).

B-side... "New carpet cleaning service starting up in 4 weeks (or whatever time period). Get your existing client's discount"

If they trust you to go around the back of the house to do windows, then at least you have "one foot in the door".

Garry

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 10:41:48 pm »

How many people here have had  their websites optimized, for the areas they cover? The bloke who made up my website wants £500 to do it, over two months.

Robin Ray

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 05:32:39 pm »
Robin,

Why not do a leaflet drop to your existing window cleaning clients?

A-side... Your anticipated window cleaning dates for the next two months (hopefully, they will keep the leaflet for that time).

B-side... "New carpet cleaning service starting up in 4 weeks (or whatever time period). Get your existing client's discount"

If they trust you to go around the back of the house to do windows, then at least you have "one foot in the door".

Garry

Hi Garry

That my idea I only really want to work my existing customer base without doing any other advertising at all. Im glad to see most people get work via recomendations and repeats. Its the same with window cleaning, just down to doing a good job really.

garry22

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 05:36:05 pm »
It has to be the best way.

This way it's just you, chatting to your existing customers, rather that a salesman trying to flog them something. Hope it goes well.

derek west

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 05:36:52 pm »
hope youve got a big database robin, i would guess for every 250 people that have there windows cleaned, 1 of them will have there carpets done as well. carpet cleaning is rare'r than you think.

garry22

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 05:48:34 pm »
Robin,

In fairness, Derek's made a good point there.

Steve W,

How many people here have had  their websites optimized, for the areas they cover? The bloke who made up my website wants £500 to do it, over two months.

I'm not sure there is a simple answer to this. Depending on where you are and what the competition is, this could be a bargain or a rip off.

Does he mean optimising the site itself (which he should have done already) or is the money for on going promotion (link building etc)?

If you could post the site here, I'm sure quite a few people will take a look at it for you.

Robin Ray

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 06:02:19 pm »
hope youve got a big database robin, i would guess for every 250 people that have there windows cleaned, 1 of them will have there carpets done as well. carpet cleaning is rare'r than you think.

Im hopeing my customer base will lend its self to this. Most of them are large 4/5 bedroom houses very hosue prowd people. Most of them have their facias and gutters done once a year. I have had most of the custys 8-10 years I also have acces to my fathers and brothers customers.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 06:04:06 pm »
Recommendation will always be the best way to get work........unless you're crap!!!  ;D

garry22

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 06:09:29 pm »
Recommendation will always be the best way to get work........unless you're crap!!! 

That ought to be pinned on every office wall. Great one Ian.

derek west

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 06:15:09 pm »
hope i'm wrong robin, let us know your convesrion rate.

Robin Ray

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 06:26:01 pm »
hope i'm wrong robin, let us know your convesrion rate.

You have me wondering if its worth it now.

Have you actualy tried this derek?

Joe H

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 06:34:41 pm »
Robin - you a window cleaner thinking of going into carpet cleaning.

When did you have your carpets cleaned?

"we" are a dirty nation, we wash our clothes very frequently, but carpets which have all sorts trod into them, and trap all sorts of allergies etc; barely get a look in.

Sure, we all have clients who are regular every 12 months or maybe 6 months.... but most dont have them cleaned at all!

"They dont need cleaning - they were only put down brand new 5 years ago"   :o

Robin Ray

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2010, 06:46:03 pm »
Sounds like you should all start window cleaning ;D

Darren O

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2010, 07:04:37 pm »
Ive got over 300 window cleaning customers in my first 2 years of carpet cleaning i could count on one hand how many carpet cleaning jobs i done for my window cleaning customers to be honest i think it went against me kind of got the feeling they thought i would be offering to to do there grass cutting next.

derek west

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 07:19:59 pm »
robin
no ive never tried and to be honest, you know your custies a lot better than i do, just given you some of my knowledge on how hard it is to find someone that needs there carpets cleaned, like joe said with his 5 year carpet, my wife had a call today today for a wine stain, "its been down 9 years and never needed cleaning and its worn well, i only want the wine stain out, noy a full clean"

why don't you survey 100 of your best custies and see what they think before you make any rash decisions?

garry22

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 07:49:28 pm »
Robin,

Derek has said what I was struggling to. The leaflet suggestion was to guage interest. If you only had a few who were interested, you could always refer them to an existing carpet cleaner in return for a referral fee.

Robin Ray

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 09:52:27 pm »
Thanks for all your comments. Ill see how the interest goes.

Nick W

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 11:55:31 am »

The key thing here is to pay to get SEO based on results- if someone wants money per month without guaranteeing eg top 4 for your chosen phrase then find another supplier. I have found a quote for results based SEO and gone ahead

Adam P

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 08:54:18 pm »

The key thing here is to pay to get SEO based on results- if someone wants money per month without guaranteeing eg top 4 for your chosen phrase then find another supplier. I have found a quote for results based SEO and gone ahead

all the bad seo's guarantee top 4 ;) good ones don't

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 09:21:22 pm »
Roheapest is bin

How do you get paid/

Actually the best form of advertising and the quickest and the cheapest is to knock on your customers door dressed in smart casuals

Tell them you are introducing a new service offer a new obligation  Free qoute for three rooms together with a Free Hall Clean for agreeing to have qoute