Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: C.L.E.A.N
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 11:07:33 pm »
Alias's come in different names and ages Frans, I used to do it to get into pubs when I was 16, now I can't stand the bloody brown stuff.

Shaun

elliott cleaning

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 11:17:18 pm »
Go for the greeny/amber or red stuff - a whole new world will open up to you Shaun ;)

regards

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 06:34:49 am »
Shaun,

If you're suggesting that I am Cleantom then why not have the moderators check out his IP address?
Perhaps Cleantom could expand on his profile and publish the name of his business etc.
If you look at his last posts you will see that he posted at 1.56pm on 29th June when I was on the motorway on the way to Southampton, I'll happily post a copy of my M6 toll receipt if you like.

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 07:18:01 am »
I've never understood about IP addresss' are they the address that is registered when the the person  joins or where they are posting from at that moment in time?

I joined at CIU with a different service provider and address that I log on with now. I also post from different computer at different address ( when on holiday etc) so IP address don't prove anything

people also share log on details.

anyhow back to the subject.... I also think its a bit strange none of the clean founders have posted a reply ???

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 08:33:10 am »
Not be the first time you've dual posted on different names, infact I can remember you posting in one name and signed off in another then there's no credibility to your posts.

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 08:47:16 am »
I joined the British carpet cleaners association instead. More transparent , and less hassle and messing about.

This is a quote from the website , how much more straightforward can it be?

Hello and welcome to the British Carpet Cleaner's Association.

Why a new asscoiation?
We have found the NCCA to be very rigid in their thinking, expensive and not many carpet cleaner's are or want to be involved with them. We are also aware that there is a another association called CLEAN starting out but that costs a considerably amount of money too.

The BCCA will have an annual fee to be registered but it will be very minimal.

Our website will give consumers a choice of our members when requiring carpet cleaning works carried out.

You will not have to go through any training course or exams, all that our association will require is your business details, proof of insurance and details of the equipment and training you have done, if any.

You will then be put into a catergory within our website of the level of experience you have obtained and the equipment you use.

All members will receive an annual association certificate, along with a membership card (to show customers), BCCA stickers for your vehicle or equipment, plus other incentives that we are working on.

We will post further information in due course, in the meantime please enjoy the forum (which will eventually be attached to our website)
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

james roffey

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 09:10:29 am »
Jason

I had a email from the BCCA about joining, thought great filled in the details etc had an email confirming and a link, i clicked the link, nothing happened so i googled the British carpet cleaners association all that came up was the NCCA ???

That was about a week ago

Mike Halliday

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 09:39:46 am »
the problem with all these associations is they think these forums ( truckmounters, CCDO cleantalk CIU etc) are the an open  pathway to the majority of British carpet cleaners, but I bet not even 5% of all the carpet cleaners in the Uk actually read these forums.

unless they find a way to get in touch with the other 95% then they will be doomed to fail
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

PaulKing

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2010, 09:43:48 am »
Not be the first time you've dual posted on different names, infact I can remember you posting in one name and signed off in another then there's no credibility to your posts.

Shaun

I've posted from the m6 before using my phone and that has a different ip to my home, and the point being "me thinks the lady doth protest to much" especially as the lady has a past history of it.

I haven't been here for months and what do I find, Shadows and Lies, black, black, they keep me in the cupboard and feed me pins!

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

robert meldrum

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 11:49:23 am »
I've recently had e'mails from a new forum for carpet cleaners but unable to access it ...........

british carpet cleaners forum

wynne jones

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2010, 12:59:45 pm »
So how much is CLEAN then, I dont mind paying if you get werk off it.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2010, 04:37:59 pm »
I joined one a years ago on Ebay

Fitted my Criteria 3 years experience been on industry training courses, code of conduct.
No Directors
No membership fee

I think there were about 60 members

Then I lost contact with guy running it.

Liked it because it was simple

derek west

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2010, 05:03:47 pm »
i joined T.A.C.C.A. the approved carpet cleaning association about 6 months ago and since joining my business has gone from strength to strength. ;D

sherco

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2010, 05:18:58 pm »
Customers don't care if you belong to a trade association, as long as your competitive and do a good job.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2010, 05:44:08 pm »
Shaun,
You may wish to reflect on the fact that by accusing me of masquerading as CLEANTOM you have in effect destroyed any credibility the guy will have in the future because you haven't judged me, you've judged him and so destroyed his enjoyment of this forum. Anyway, that's your problem.

Clearly we are two people who for whatever reason just don't get on, so let's just leave it at that, shall we.
From now on I won't be responding to any posts you make and I suggest you do the likewise with mine.

All the best,

Simon

Colin Day

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2010, 05:55:26 pm »
Customers don't care if you belong to a trade association, as long as your competitive and do a good job.

Fair comment, I often ask customer's if they've heard of NCCA.... They look at me as if I'm mental ;D

I think prospects are happy enough when you offer your portfolio of work carried out, containing proof of insurance, (including treatment risk) it seems to put their minds at ease.... Having said that, if I had a few hundred quid to waste, I'd join the NCCA  :D

Joe H

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 06:11:27 pm »
Sherco & Colin

but I have had the exact opposite experience to you two.

I have had customers ring me because I am a member of the NCCA.

there are always two sides to a story.

and Colin, yes I have had customers who have not heard of NCCA, but by the time I have finished telling them I have got the job.

The trouble with NCCA, CLEAN, BCCA, TACCA and any others, is that there is just too many.
My advice to CLEAN was to approach NCCA and see if they could join forces, but they havnt.
All that happens is that peoples energy, enthusiasm, money etc is not focused... so nothing/no one achieves great success.

Colin Day

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 06:28:03 pm »
Sherco & Colin

but I have had the exact opposite experience to you two.

I have had customers ring me because I am a member of the NCCA.

there are always two sides to a story.

and Colin, yes I have had customers who have not heard of NCCA, but by the time I have finished telling them I hav
The trouble with NCCA, CLEAN, BCCA, TACCA and any others, is that there is just too many.
My advice to CLEAN was to approach NCCA and see if they could join forces, but they havnt.
All that happens is that peoples energy, enthusiasm, money etc is not focused... so nothing/no one achieves great success.

By what you're saying.... There's no point in joining any of them really!

I appreciate it works for you Joe, but I'd really need to see a lot more evidence that the NCCA would benefit my business....

Dennis

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 07:21:21 pm »
i joined T.A.C.C.A. the approved carpet cleaning association about 6 months ago and since joining my business has gone from strength to strength. ;D

I joined the Portable Owners & Operators Forum and for some reason it did nothing for my business.  :(

Colin Day

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 07:24:18 pm »

I joined the Portable Owners & Operators Forum and for some reason it did nothing for my business.  :(

;D ;D ;D P.O.O.F.... Very good!