Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Roelants

Re: major oil leak, boxer 421
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 10:06:05 pm »
Sounds like yiou need a B&S master technician, guaranteed work , much less travelling and a smaller hourly rate. Check the Briggs website
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17:04 pm »
Only trouble with them is that you have to book weeks in advance as I've tried that before and it's the garden season so they may have their heads in a ride on lawn mower.

Dave do you think having a Butler van driven TM is the way ahead?

Shaun

Colin Day

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 10:20:13 pm »
Derek, I suggest you give Porthcurno a visit, it's a very nice beach and the totty down there will make your eyes pop out ;D

jasonl

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 10:20:50 pm »
Only trouble with them is that you have to book weeks in advance as I've tried that before and it's the garden season so they may have their heads in a ride on lawn mower.

Dave do you think having a Butler van driven TM is the way ahead?

Shaun

I am waiting for an answer back from the DVLA ref this , if the van could be classified as plant , then there would be ........... no road tax , no MOT  and best of all could run on Red diesel , volumetric concrete mixers, cranes, truck mounted cherry pickers, recovery trucks and many other items work this way.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 10:42:11 pm »
In theory you should have less problems but the biggest problem I have when my TM goes down is getting someone local to have a look at it let alone fix it, there are quite a few that will touch American import vans.

Shaun

richie

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 11:19:37 pm »
Chemspec & Alltech are much closer. Both have deal with truckmounts and could easily do the job for you.  The machine isnt under warranty now so no concerns there.

Shaun, why wouldnt you take it to another company?  Your a yorkshireman and as tight as a ducks arse so your supposed to advise people to save money  ;D

Richie.

Jim_77

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 10:46:07 am »
You can't use a van-powered TM in the UK because it is illegal to leave a vehicle unattended with the engine running :)

jasonl

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 11:30:28 am »
You can't use a van-powered TM in the UK because it is illegal to leave a vehicle unattended with the engine running :)

Not any more ,  lots of precedents and examples are available .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Tom Bennett

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 11:45:27 am »
Derek,
I never realised that an oil leak on a Boxer was contagious but mine has just gone down with the same thing.
Fortunately, I've got old man Ingram on my door step and he's coming out this afternoon to look at it.
What a star.

Joe H

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 12:02:58 pm »
JasonL
I'm with Jim on this.
If the precedents you mention are what you included in a previous post ie volumetric concrete mixers, cranes, truck mounted cherry pickers, recovery trucks.............  you will realise in each of those cases the operator is there with the vehicle.
I used to spec vehicles for purchase by North West Water, some had pto equipment like tippers, cranes/loaders, sludge tankers, gulley suckers - all of these had the operator in attendance.

I think, but will stand corrected, that leaving your car unattended with the engine running is an offence.
Same with a truck.

jasonl

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 12:16:17 pm »
I owned a volumetric mixer last year ,, drove it on my car licence , no mot , tax and on red diesel , I left it on road with the engine running.
The key phrase is "mobile plant"  as opposed to a "road vehicle", if I can get DVLA/VOSA to agree that such an item is plant then it is all good. I do agree that a vehicle is not allowed to be left unattended with the engine running on the road.

I have approached it from the angle that the machine would be used to extract water from a building, eg in a flood, but that some cleaning will take place .
I dd the same thing with trailer mounted driers 10 years ago , and was granted a tachograph exemption on weight due to it being used in water industry for emergency reasons.  The new style VOSA  are especially helpful and very open to talking.
Did you know that the limousine industry actually changed the law with regards construction and use /liscensing recently ? Thier trade association is what the NCCA ETC could be .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 02:02:06 pm »
Hi Jason,

Keep us posted on this as the outcome could obviously have significant enhancements for us.

Daz

mark shannon

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 02:30:59 pm »
Chemspec & Alltech are much closer. Both have deal with truckmounts and could easily do the job for you.  The machine isnt under warranty now so no concerns there.

Shaun, why wouldnt you take it to another company?  Your a yorkshireman and as tight as a ducks arse so your supposed to advise people to save money  ;D

Richie.

Richie HM warranty machine for 3 years as long as they do repairs.

colin thomas

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 06:35:04 pm »
i have to agree with shaun about briggs dealers, i have 3 briggs authorised dealers around me and i won't take my 427 to any of them now, last one i trusted with it set the spark plugs twice the gap it should have been and i was around 2 months struggling to get it run correctly until martin at hm sorted it,  i would take it to hm and know that it is being repaired correctly,

colin
colin thomas

richie

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 08:18:35 pm »
The likes of the AA , RAC & the Police have there vehicles fitted with a device called RUNSTOP. It lets the driver take the keys out and leave the engine running while they are beside the road with all there lights on. This stops the battery on the van going flat and lets the driver put the person who is being rercovered get warm, with out the risk of the car being stolen.

The RUNSTOP has been approved by Police & Insurers.

Richie.

jasonl

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 08:39:00 pm »
All I have to now convince the man from VOSA is that the van is not capable of carrying a load , and is exclusively for plant.  More research will be carried out in Vegas in September .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2010, 09:13:15 pm »
There was a guy in Pontefract who imported a direct drive TM in a US van although I don't know how legal it was but if it does become legal or is legal then you may have opened it up for HM to import the Salsa and my favourite the Butler system.

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2010, 09:25:52 pm »
My brother has a CDS in his garage in North Carolina ,, looking at fitting it to a rear wheel drive transit .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 09:39:55 pm »
Apparently the only van it will work in the UK is a Mercedes can't remember who told me this though may be John Gotts.

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2010, 09:44:12 pm »
I have been told , toyota, transit , iveco ,  or transit , rear wheel drive versions only
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings