Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robert Watson

Re: New Porty
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 07:55:48 pm »
I like the look of that Rotovac 360 on the Ebay listing.
Are they worth the investment?, thinking commercial work.
Rab.
The Kitchen Door Centre

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 08:09:00 pm »
Is that the one with the Airflex and other bits?

Shaun

Robert Watson

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 08:31:48 pm »
Aye. 360i
The Kitchen Door Centre

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 09:30:36 pm »
It's not a bad price but not a price to sell (if you know what I mean)

Shaun

james roffey

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 04:31:40 pm »
Ian

I just feel that the Ninja i have is very hard work, it is only a 125psi and twin vac and i dont want to throw any more money at this machine than i already have with Ashby's, they have had over £1200 just servicing the thing in the last 12 months,

I made a mistake not buying new to begin with as what i have spent on it since i could easily have afforded a brand new machine :'(

I intend keeping it as back up but want something with more powerful vacs and pump as my main machine, are you suggesting i stick with this machine or buy another Ninja, interesting comment about the servicing though, i spoke to Mat at cleansmart who said that they use local guys to service machines nearer the customer.

I am far from making my mind up yet i am not even in two minds but three ??? i wont be getting it on credit though that much i do know.

ianharper

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2010, 06:03:22 pm »
James

order a bigger pump and come and look at mine on how to fit in in yours.

sorry i though yours was new, but yes get a new one.

These machines are easy to keep going if your keep parts at home and you have back up machine on van. you don't need service guys unless say like i did when i put a heater in my ninja.

The big advantage with the ninja is that they have been around for a long time. sellers are always changing the machines they deal in. they are as bad as us some new thing gets added and they just have to have that one to sell.

Ninjas are not over engineered like many portys.

If your is secondhand your might not have the exhaust that at the back that you can hock up to any other machine for more power. the old ninjas had it blowing out under the machine. The idea was to quite the machine down i think but it has a second function. you must have seen the booster that you hang on the handle.

Can you adjust the water flow on yours? pressure is not everything. if its slow then that might be your problem. I have found that the water flow rate does have a connection to the speed you can work at. the fast it is the faster you can work.

I hope i not said thing you already know and that this can help.

Respect

Ian Harper

james roffey

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2010, 06:28:10 pm »
Thats very helpful Ian i was going to get a more powerful pump the 400psi.'
 but i am concerned that the vacs are not up to the job,although new last year as they were replaced after i brought it second hand,because Ashby's said they were shot!!!  ??? are not the more powerful ones because are there many variants of vacs on the Ninja i was told that i could upgrade them, to increase the vac strength. and i dont mean adding the hook on the back one, which i could get as the exhaust is at the rear as you mentioned but that thing cost over £600 ???
 basically i dont know who to believe all i do know is it's slow going with this machine and i want to be able to work quicker.
I would very much like to take a look at your Ninja and would apreciate any help and advice you can give.

Kind regards

PS Maybe the reason you never get leaflets is you live in a cul-de-sac and the leafleters are to lazy to go into it.
James

ianharper

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010, 09:39:58 am »
James

These machines are so easy to work on. with regards service cost i bet your machine was in the shop for two days? I think they work on £300 a day and will drag any job out for a day.

I can remember when you go in dartford and see loads of machine waiting to be picked up. now there are none. I think it speaks load and clear.

I have had lots of different portables and i would say the ninja is the best but forget service, DIY is the way forwards. The machine is only a part of the tools that we use. I think one thing that we go though in carpet cleaning is wanting to leave each job  "as new" but customers leave it far to long and don't take care of spill. One reason we offer free spillage callout is so they don't have to live with stains. stains are the reason that people rip up carpets. and none of use want that.

Have confidence is your ability and know that not every job will end up as a perfect finish. we can only do so much. when you get over this your machine choice will be easier.

As i said i had all types of portables and TMs and am very happy with my setup. Many cleaners get caught up in this power thing but as i said its just one part of the process.

One thing you might try is before you start point out problem areas this way when your finished it will not sound like excuses when the customer says "what about that"

Why am i talking about all this? well i think that your issue goes deeper. you charge a very good price, and want to do a perfect job and are disappointed when things don't work out that way. we have all been there. you think that that machine or that product will make all the difference. the only thing that will is the customer cleaning more often and being educated about spills so they don't turn into stains.

I hope this helps. please take my comments in the best way as they are not meant to disrespect you in any way. give Tina a call any time and we can arrange a meet.

Respect

Ian Harper

james roffey

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 06:32:43 pm »
I have no problem with constructive criticism and different ideas, i dont think it's the results i am having problems with, and i do qualify with customers about expectation usually erring on the side of caution and always remembering my NCCA introduction "never promise to remove a stain" etc but i have lost some confidence in the equipment because it takes an age to get the wand across a room and think something more powerfull would be better, i would very much like to see your set up to see if something like that would be better for me.
Regarding the servicing i could not agree more i would love to be able to service it myself but i have zero knowledge of how to do this i am sure that it's a case of once you know whats what with the Ninja it would not be too difficult i will give you a call if you dont mind perhaps we can have a chat.

Regards

Jim

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 07:08:50 am »
we have a power  flite 1085 model its twin 3 stage imperial vacs very powerful
wonder wand 500psi we use around 300 psi this is the best potable I have ever used ;D the heat is great with in mins of putting cold water you have very hot water,has in line heater and heat rings around the vacs,no loss of heat at all,
they are around £3,300 thats with hand tool,they leave carpets virtuly dry,you put 4 buckets in and you will get 4 buckets out,thats how much water lift these
machines do, I can recomend these all day,but its all down to personal choice, ;D
looked at the airflex lot of money and heat extra :Pfor me the machine has not been on the market long enough to see if any problems will happen :)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Joe H

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 07:28:21 am »
Terry
You obviously very pleased with your Powerflite, I was too when I had a CFR500  3-4 years back.
but we must be careful to watch what we say.
for example
4 buckets in, 4 buckets out - that would mean the carpets would be 100% dry as your wand passed over them, and obviously they not.  The recovery system is good and the recycling system does mean less bucketing, but even so, I had to top up, and even change, the dirty water that was being recycled.
also the water heating system is good, but to say no loss of heat....mmmm!  Put your hand near the exhaust port - is it cold?  If not then that means heat is wasted.

Yes I used to have a CFR500, now I have a Scorpion, a 3 vac machine that new doesnt cost much more then what you paid for your 2 vac, and the inline heater is separate so you can get the heat nearer to the wand when you are working on long hose lengths.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 09:20:54 am »
 ;D Hi Joe the water is hot all the time the brass nut on the wand you cant touch :o it does really recover the water from the carpet,I like the wand as it does handle 500 psi no problem, where as some wands will have trouble in recovering that amount of water,thats what I have found,I have had a ninja and this machine is by far more better,I use the micro splitters all in all does a great job very happy ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

JandS

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 09:37:56 am »
Had the top of the range Ninja for just over a year now and not
a problem.
It's out of warranty now so local engineers can deal with any
problems.
To be honest I bought it without a warranty, that is, if anything
had of gone wrong I would have used local anyway unless the
cost would have outweighed the time and fuel costs.
Beats a 550 mile round trip and a full day lost.
My local engineers now have Ashbys parts sent regularly.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

clinton

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 04:14:05 pm »
Me too rather give the money to someone local for any jobs on the machinery.

Would say the same to any other users with the ninjas too!

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 10:27:10 pm »
Only ever took 1 of my Ninja's back to Ashby's for a 6 months service. Cost in terms of Time, Fuel, Wear & Tear on Van & Driver not really worth it.
Have had a local independant guy look after them for the past 5 years when anything has needed to be done, he picks it up, gets it sorted, pat tests and brings it back to me.
Excellent service at a reasonable cost from another one man band company.
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

from edge2edge

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 08:00:24 am »
Morning Mark Yes i used that guy you put me onto  when i had 2 ninjas and he gave a great service at an excellent price so there are guys out there locally who can look after your ninjas without the hassle of going to ashbys.Regards AlanTurner

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 11:05:51 pm »
Hi there Alan, glad he was able to help you out. Now we really must get round to organising that pint (or several) that we were going to have.
Cheers
Mark
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

boshravie

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 04:30:30 pm »
Hi guys
Does any one know a good engineer around south east as to regarding Ninja? I have these machine too, but every time something go wrong with I have to take it all the way to Ashby’s and they always try to charge me extras for things that doesnt need changing or servicing.

Oneills onb

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2010, 09:00:06 pm »
Boshravie I will send you the details 2moro of a bloke i use, been using him for years and always get the machine back next day even going to get him to work on my truck mount!

boshravie

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 10:40:03 pm »
Boshravie I will send you the details 2moro of a bloke i use, been using him for years and always get the machine back next day even going to get him to work on my truck mount!
great Oneills, many thanks for your help, yes i phoned him up today and i should take there soon.