This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

birdymiller/danny...i dont understand..?!!
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:14:30 pm »
both of you have tried wfp and both have gone back to trad!!

what i dont understand is why you didnt just use it on upper windows on most of your round as after the first cleans are out of the way you could get them up to a" passable " standard!!

what about big country houses?commercial?awkward windows and leaded/georgian?

surely these also would be easier and faster after first cleans are done!!

you would be a lot safer and could do 2/3/4 storey work depending on the length of your poles!and still trad lower windows to get your trad "fix"!!

am i making any sense?
price higher/work harder!

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: birdymiller/danny...i dont understand..?!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 10:17:08 pm »
yes daz u r but wfp aint alf as gud finish as trad
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ste M

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 10:19:17 pm »
in my opinion its better

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 10:20:55 pm »
 Another thread?  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 10:26:43 pm »
gav camm if a upper window is cleaned to a "passable" standard inclu frames then thats good enough for me without having to risk my neck up a ladder to get it clean!!

the downstairs windows are a different story!as these are the ones the householder tends to look at (or through!) and with gg3 and trad you can get a cracking shine!!less water everywhere and satifies the custys who dont like windows being left wet!!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 10:39:15 pm »
I find anyone going back to trad from wfp incomprehensible!

It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 10:43:33 pm »
do you not find wfp a pain though on downstairs windows GOLD??

been doing my head in this week!!! >:( >:( ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 11:01:59 pm »
do you not find wfp a pain though on downstairs windows GOLD??

been doing my head in this week!!! >:( >:( ;D ;D

Not at all why would I?  ???
It's a game of three halves!

LQQK

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 11:17:25 pm »
What is so difficult about WFP downstairs Daz?

If anything that should be the easiest.

Platinum

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 11:21:55 pm »
Daz

The results were too inconsistant for my liking. I wanted the ensure the best possible finish on all windows and found different results and finishes at different properties.

Wfp i think has its place in commercial work and on 3 storey houses and for cleaning conny roofs or skylights but not regular houses. I am quicker and more profitable using trad methods on my work. I sold the frame cleaning qualities to the customers but after 3 months i wasnt happy and niether were they so i made the change back.

Good luck with your system daz but im sure you will wonder what the hell youve done a few times in the next month

Danny

Ste M

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 11:25:21 pm »
gav camm if a upper window is cleaned to a "passable" standard inclu frames then thats good enough for me without having to risk my neck up a ladder to get it clean!!

the downstairs windows are a different story!as these are the ones the householder tends to look at (or through!) and with gg3 and trad you can get a cracking shine!!less water everywhere and satifies the custys who dont like windows being left wet!!

daz it wasnt that long ago that you swore by fairy, you gave gg3 a go and stuck with it an now you swear by that. I think you would look at it differently if you went out with an experianced wfp man, also dont keep searching for spots, i think if you traded a window then went back in the low sun you would find smears, stop stressing about it and just enjoy the freedom of no ladders

LQQK

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 11:27:17 pm »
If you bugger up a window trad it looks FAR worse than a window buggered up WFP

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 11:29:21 pm »
im not aving that at all matt bateman lol
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ste M

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 11:33:13 pm »
if albert steptoe is matt then im george bush ;D

LQQK

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 11:33:41 pm »
 ???

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 11:35:55 pm »
thanks for replying danny!i think ill persevere with wfp with upper windows as there is no way i could clean as quick as wfp(inclu frames) if i was using a ladder!!

i have a lot of properties with 2 side windows and sloping garage roofs and bigger houses with awkward windows.it should speed me up on commercial jobs and bigger accounts as well.

good luck danny for the future and safe window cleaning!!

ive had enough of climbing ladders a 100 times a day (16 years of it!!)and want to save my knees!

i know your a young lad so youll be fine for a few years.wait till your nearly 40!!!! ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond

WCE

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 02:24:45 am »
Daz dont read into this too much! They clearly dont know how to use this tool! Email me (as I said in the other thread) and I will sort you out! I am 99.9% wfp and havent been up a ladder in 3 years now. I will make sure you are alright ;)  (Oh and i will tell you how to do downstairs quicker than trad as well as upstairs ;) )
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

birdymiller

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 05:47:48 am »
About 2 and a half years ago i came on here looking to find a way of not having to rely on anyone with regards to having the ladder footed. 90% of my windows are run of the mill windows with no safety issues, they are this way because over the years i have built my round around safe low work. Had chances to build round in awkward areas but chose not to. For this 10% of work i thought wfp would solve the safety issue.

6 months later after alot of research i bought a pure freedom trolley. Just like you dazmond wfp the lot, i wasnt happy neither were custies. Came on here to get advice, decided to bring it in gradual on different rounds like you have been advised. I have around 900 customers and didnt want to lose many. So for the past 2 years i have been using wfp, found out on some work that it was easier to wfp and on some rounds trad was king. For me the flaw with wfp is that on some windows you can scrub and rinse and you will never get decent results. With trad i know that the windows are left without spots and runs. So for me the finished result with wfp is unpredictable.

I have a very busy round and have to work fast.The majority of my houses are priced at £3-£5 very compact every day i could park up in the morning and just return at dinner or at end of day. I dont have time to scrub and rinse. My customers dont pay for frame cleaning. Wfp will be advantageous to a one man band who has time to scrub and rinse and charge customers accordingly. I now dont have to load and reload van every day, worry about parts braking or batterey charging, hose splitting, poles being repaired, purifying water, wasting water. All this hastle that wfp brings is not worth it for the 10% of work that i need the ladder footing. My son is workiing with me now so dont get let down by anyone now.

Looking back i would have preferred to keep my grand that i lost and just told my custies "sorry im on my own today cant get that window as i need the ladder footing so i will knock 50p off your bill". Im 36 play sunday league football in an open age league and i am one of, if not the fittest players in my team. This is due to running up and down ladders all day. Sure i have aches and pains from the ladders and might have to slow down as i get older. By then i hope to have a round of bungalows or staff to use the ladder.

This type of thread doesnt go down to well with the 99.9% wfp guys but this isnt a dig at you. Wfp does work on alot of windows, but for me i want a system that works on all windows.

Dazmond you are just beginning mate, my advice to you would be seen as you have spent abit on your kit. Give it a go on a part of your round, chose a part where you have saftey issues. Do the tops only and trad bottoms. Turn your flow up and rinse really well. If you are happy with the results and the way you have to work with wfp keep it. If you are still not happy flog it and put it down to experience. Then you will be able to get of this website and relax and chill with your woman and forget about wfp!

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 05:57:02 am »

Think you'll find it is the other matt ???

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 07:46:49 am »

Think you'll find it is the other matt ???
Are you sure? On another thread Steptoe claims to support Bristol City, that`s not DIY Matt.
   Unless...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐