This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roy Cauldery

Re: Canvassing face to face
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 12:33:21 pm »
hi all- new to the forum and this caught my eye whilst having a trawl round at the topics

Canvassing is great!Its the best part of the business - you get to meet people who have a definite need of your services-where else can you go out and generate £000's of work just by door knocking?

I never canvass in the evenings-people are too drained with busy lives and your the last person they want to see at the end of a day - between 10.00 - 16.00 is best for me because the women are home and as we all know they make the choices when it comes to the home.
Introduce yourself , ask if they have a cleaner and take it from there...as per previous comments , be clean shaven,clean clothes (with a company logo perhaps) smile and always leave a card even if they say no-you never know,their regular guy just might hack them off one day.
If there is a slight interest,take a number and say youll give them a follow up call in a couple of days after they have talked to partners etc..
Its a doddle, and with a bit of practice youll get a good patter and be more confident on the door step.If you project a good positive image of a guy who is sincere,hardworking and willing to go after new work ,you will win loads
Even if im not in the mood for door knocking - I always try and do about 4 hours per week leafleting , even in areas where we are really strong.People are not always home but you would be amazed at how long they will keep a good flyer on the fridge/next to the telephone for

Any way - hope that helps.Good luck
 :)Roy
www.phoenixecs.co.uk
we succeed because others can't or won't