This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chopsie

Re: highest youve been on a ladder
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 08:22:23 pm »
Elgin in Scotland  :P ;D ;D
chopsie

AJ

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 08:44:25 pm »
triple 24.ONCE!

Got up there fine.
Getting down different story. Didn't know which foot to move first, so I decided it would be best not to move any. Stayed there for what seemed like ages. Its the only time I have ever been proper scared up a ladder.
Got down, chucked on top of our green Maestro van (should have seen the overhang, front and back) and dropped it back at the hire shop FOREVER!
Oh, the innocence of youth.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 08:54:25 pm »
I went to the top of my ladder once
was that on a snakes and ladder board ;D ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 09:48:28 pm »
I've been right to the top of a skirtingboard ladder and went no hands, and stood on one leg!

e newlands

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 09:52:00 pm »
you sure you wasnt balancing 2 budgies on your thingy as well

Ian101

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 05:14:12 pm »
When I was 14 got a part time job in local locksmiths ... one day the boss asked me to paint the gutters and drainpipe only problem was the end of the building had a waste stack all of the way up to the apex of the roof and this had to be painted as well ..... did it but was crapping meself must have been about 120 foot up !! ... thats what it felt like but went back to the area last year (old hometown) drove past it and realised it was actually only about 50 - 60 feet but didnt feel it at the time .... happy times  ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 05:35:40 pm »
i used to use a triple 22 very regular when doing schools in manchester it was made of wood in summer we used to throw it in the river to soak as when it got too dry it would bend like mad, there where a couple of us who could carry it fully extended but most couldnt, it wasnt half tireing running up and down that thing all day.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 10:06:05 pm »
Three stories  a month ago to fix a down pipe on a gutter. But I tye the ladder to other window ledges and alsp to gutter down pipe as well as to other glass windows.I have two of those sucktion hold ons use for carring glass panes.

toronto

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 06:00:34 pm »
search Bronto skylift
100ft plus now thats a ladder

suds window service

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 09:32:17 pm »
 i have,nt there still hanging on my garage wall.

FOR SALE LADDERS A FRAME TYPE THEY COME APART TO FORM TWO SEPERATE LADDERS ANY TAKERS....PICK UP ONLY STOCKTON ON TEES

Londoner

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 08:19:00 am »
I remember watching Fred Dibnah on the telly climbing up the outside of a high chimney stack. All he was using was the iron rungs set into the brickwork. About 100ft up he turns to the camera and says "Of course you have to be a bit careful with these cos they are over a hundred years old and a bit loose"
With that he pulls one out of the brickwork to illustrate his point.

WISEOWL

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 11:07:49 am »
I remember watching Fred Dibnah on the telly climbing up the outside of a high chimney stack. All he was using was the iron rungs set into the brickwork. About 100ft up he turns to the camera and says "Of course you have to be a bit careful with these cos they are over a hundred years old and a bit loose"
With that he pulls one out of the brickwork to illustrate his point.

Reading the thread reminded me of that documentary. Fred Dibnah was a legend, his workmanship and humility is infectious and the scene you describe where he climbs the ladder is just mind boggling.

Theres no H&S, no fuss or big show about what he is about to do - he arrives on site and just starts climbing with no nerves even near the top. He then gets to the top and begins work.

This is the first part but there are five others - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuSW9kOBADo

As for me, I inherited three nursing homes with my round and one was on a hill so the back was two storey but the front was three storey. I did it a couple of times and sold it!!!

The biggest I have seen anybody climb physically was when I was in Amsterdam - five storey on wooden ladder on a busy Saturday with shoppers and tourists walking past the ladder etc.

Madness!

Ross G

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 03:03:17 pm »
Elgin in Scotland  :P ;D ;D

jeez that's a fair bit up tell they say there's no atmosphere that far up, by the way you must be off yer marbles  ;)

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2010, 04:42:31 pm »
Work at a height off a ladder was 80 feet from ground. but have done over ten storeys before but that wasn't off a ladder.