Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Cole

Airflex Pro
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:08:30 am »
I am considering various machines, but the Airflex Pro has caught my eye in the last few days.  Going on a one day training course with Derek Bolton on Wednesday at the supplier.  Looks a nice machine and having done some searching have seen some positive comments, however have also seen some not so positive comments on another forum, mention no names, with problems of water flooding the motors.  Can someone care to put me right, has anyone got this machine?  Other machine I am also considering is the Prochem Streampro Powermax, how do the two machines compare? Also I noticed that the Airflex has a special offer on at the moment which is due to end on 31st May, however again on another thread it was mentioned that offer ran out in March, is this offer constantly extended to lure people to buy now before the prices rises!!

former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Simon@arenaclean

Re: Airflex Pro
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:32:54 am »
You will have the perfect opportunity to have a word with Matt with any problems you may of heard of. I've used mine for over 6 months with not a sniff. Talk to people who actually own the machine and get their feedback. The only way you could pull water through the motors is using a high foam product and not using de-foamer, and this is not exclusive to any particular machine, or letting the recovery tank get too full and you need to be a muppet to do that. You will get turbulence in the tank but I find if you follow the manufactures advice you won't go wrong, one of the major franchises have switched to Airflex and i'm sure it was very well tested before they switched. As for any offers it will cost you more to buy the tripple vac now than it did me last year so the price has gone up a bit. Never used prochem machines so can't compare but have used various Alltec machines and they are quality too the aqua twin is a nice machine.

Simon

richie

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 11:20:24 am »
Airflex Pro 130

Airflex Pro with 130psi pump
 25ft high pressure hose set
 2-jet s-bend stainless steel wand
 FREE 2 days training worth £170 + VAT
 Free 'Guerilla Marketing Folder'
 Free 12 month care plan

List price £2224 + VAT
Offer price £1399 + VAT (offer ends 31st May 2010)

Ask about our new clip-on Magma heater!

Airflex Pro 200

Airflex Pro with 200psi pump
 Free 12 month care plan

List price £2424 + VAT
Offer price £1999 + VAT (offer ends 31st May 2010)

Ask about our new clip-on Magma heater!

Airflex Pro 600

Airflex Pro with 600psi pump
 Free 12 month care plan

List price £2624 + VAT
Offer price £2150 + VAT (offer ends 31st May 2010)

March Special Offer

Airflex Turbo Triple Vac 600psi
 FREE Teflon Glide worth £99.99
 FREE 2 days training course

List price £3270 + VAT
March offer price £2699 + VAT (offer ends 31st May 2010)

I can see what someone has said regarding the offer that CleanSmart have running however, if you look above you will see that the March offer is now on till May on the AIRFLEX TURBO not the Airflex Pro.

Regarding the motors been flooded with water i can imagine which forum that has come from and which person has said it.  As someone has already said,  only listen to those that have used the Airflex extractors & not those that will try and put you off to try and get you to buy a certain other extractor....(mentioning no names)  ;).

Richie.

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 11:41:58 am »
but all the offers listed are 31st May 2010

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 12:03:38 pm »
Same old digs at a certain supplier, which if true might be acceptable, but if untrue can be quiet damaging and completely unfair and out of order.
I can remember a situation on Cleantalk and have done some quick (20 minute) research on what I think is being referred to and I hope this puts things right.....

A post 16th Dec 09, 06:57 PM        (the poster will know who he is, he is on CIU)
"Anyone using an Airflex Turbo from __________?
Specs look great but heard some horror stories regarding water being drawn thru the vac motors from day one."

A reply 16th Dec 09, 10:40pm         (John Bolton)
"It is a little unfair that criticism of this machine should appear on a forum where the manufacturer does not have the opportunity to reply. This problem has been mentioned in an earlier thread and Nick sugested that questions be asked of the supplier directly.

Seems to me that complete fairness was being exercised there, more so then on here.
An apology to that supplier being implicated would be nice, lets see who are men, but I wont hold my breath.

Magic Dry Perth

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 12:28:55 pm »
I must say I have the EMV from Texatherm and think its great had no proplems which is very handy considering I am in Australia, it is very well made and leaves the carpets really clean and dry, and when I do a compo clean the results are fantastic.  It wont cost you anything to call them.  I am glad I did.
The right way first time every time

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 12:45:30 pm »
Texatherm have recently moved to larger premises here in the UK.
Would loved to have seen the machine at a recent national exhibition but the move obviously took preference.
Have heard good reports though.

richy27

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 01:21:33 pm »
i was one of the first to have an airflex turbo been very reliable. as my second machine from cleansmart and have always been very happy with the sevic and support i have recieved

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 01:43:24 pm »
Richard
the snidy remarks have not been aimed at Cleansmart.
they have been aimed at Solutions Cornwall
and just like Cleansmart cannot answer criticism on Cleantalk but got good fair support, neither can Solutions answer on here, so out of fairness I have fairly supported them so no one goes away with the wrong idea.

I too have had good support from Cleansmart and get on well with Matt, met him a few times, good guy.
But I have never had a problem with Solutions nor Nick either, and never met him.

richy27

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 01:54:01 pm »
Richard
the snidy remarks have not been aimed at Cleansmart.
they have been aimed at Solutions Cornwall
and just like Cleansmart cannot answer criticism on Cleantalk but got good fair support, neither can Solutions answer on here, so out of fairness I have fairly supported them so no one goes away with the wrong idea.

I too have had good support from Cleansmart and get on well with Matt, met him a few times, good guy.
But I have never had a problem with Solutions nor Nick either, and never met him.

I have met them both joe and both very dcent fellows.
i can only ever comment on the airflex and a powerflite because they are te only 2 portys i have used for long enough to comment , the airflex knocks socks of the powerflie both in build quality and reliability.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 02:14:11 pm »
Hi Guys

Matt does seem to be a very straightforward guy to deal with and from what I hear the Airflex is indeed a good machine and I believe British as well!

Cheers

Doug

clinton

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 04:51:22 pm »
Maybe have a go with some machines before you buy,ask a c cleaner in the next town from you.

Much better if you did that rather than hear say ..

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 05:08:29 pm »
Looks a nice machine and having done some searching have seen some positive comments, however have also seen some not so positive comments on another forum, mention no names, with problems of water flooding the motors. 

I fail to see how this part of Feldon's post criticises Solutions in any way. If anything it criticises Cleantalk or whoever posted the not so positive comment on Cleantalk.

Anyone who hadn't read those comments would have been none the wiser until Solutions were mentioned by you Joe.

Joe H

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 05:15:11 pm »
Steve
Richie added to it.
Its well known by those who have been on here for some time there are jibes at Solutions, it has gone on for the nearly 3 years I have been on.
We are talking about reputations of businesses and when times are hard, like now, this can be dangerous talk. People work in these businesses, who knows that may be the only income holding the family above water at this time.
If the reference is not to Solutions, Steve, I am sure one or both of them (Feldon and Richie) will say so, but I would be gobsmacked.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 05:27:42 pm »
Joe

My point was that just because something is posted on Cleantalk which is derogatory about another supplier, it shouldn't in any way tarnish Solutions reputation.

I appreciate that Cleantalk is sponsored by Solutions, but I wouldn't be so blinkered as to let anything I read on there affect whether or not I would purchase something from Solutions.

Richard Cole

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 07:14:22 pm »
I was not being critical of Solutions, but having seen some positive feedback for the Airflex on this site also did a search on Cleantalk to see if I could find out any further feedback and came accross the comments regarding possible water damage to the motors.  From the comments on this forum and also looking at the specification on Cleansmart it looks like a good machine but like anyone who is considering making a large purchase would like to get my facts straight.  I am still considering this machine and am looking forward to seeing it in action.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

richie

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 07:15:19 pm »
Joe,
Can you please point out exactly where i have mentioned Nick or Solutions please!!!!!  Lets be honest,  most suppliers will tell you good things about there porties and try and tell you bad things about others.  You have not done anyone any favours by your comments on here regarding this topic.  I suggest that you look back at some of my posts on this & other forums and you will see that i have actually commented on some chemicals & equipment that Nick sells stating that i have been impressed with them.  You have purposly stirred somethng up that didnt need to be stirred up.

Richie.

richy27

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 07:26:00 pm »
doesnt matter what porty you use if high foaming products are used and no defoamer used you will have probs .

end of

kevin davies

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 07:29:04 pm »
Hi Feldon,
newbie to the industry myself,so i carn't offer any real advice on how other machines perform except hire machines and the rug doctors, but i did months of research in to portable machines and must say it is a mine field but after talking to some very knowlegeable people i decided on the airflex turbo i too read about the horror stories of the vac motors and asked Matt him self if there was any truth behind this,Matt gave me a talk when i picked up my machine and explained what could lead to this problem this has already been cover,not using defoamer and allowing recovery tank to fill to high its all in the manual and on the dvd and as it has been said Matt is a decent bloke and carpet cleaner,i dont think you would be disapointed if you decided on the airflex

regards and good luck

kevin

Joe H

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 07:42:15 pm »
Feldon
I cant blame you looking at the Airflex from Matt, I looked at it at the Carpex exhibition and it looked good, and Matt is a good dealer too. I have bought new machine off him in the past (Powerflite CFR500)
Another new machine I would recomend you look at is the Texatherm EMV that Magic Dry Perth mentioned. Completely different concept to what we used to if I remember right.

Richie.
I never said you mentioned Nick or Solutions.
However you said......  "& not those that will try and put you off to try and get you to buy a certain other extractor....(mentioning no names)  ;) . "

So who was you referring to in the above.???????

I remembered the situation Feldon refers to, the post commenting about water flooding the motors, and the reply from Nick and then later from John Bolton, which were very fair comments - would you agree???.

and in the past you and a few others have made sarcastic comments on here about Nick and/or Solutions.   Its ok passing it off as a bit of fun, but some mud flung sticks.