Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alansavvi

What Training would you like?
« on: August 19, 2005, 07:06:16 pm »
Given that the only training courses on the market are run by Ionics/ BWCA, I thought about the possibility of starting my own training courses. When the HSE meet with representatives from our organization, who are they going to meet? Well it looks like, the Fed, BWCA and PWC. Not really representative!

Knowing that the HSE are into training, I'm sure that with only one very well protected commercial company actively training, this may cause concern.

So with this in mind, I would like you to post comments about what sort of training would benefit you. It could be the basics, using WFP, health and safety, all the way to business set up, tax issues, growing your business, sales presentations. You tell me?

I assure you, I will not gaurantee anything I cannot deliver!!!

Chris Cottrell

Re: What Training would you like?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 10:19:37 pm »
How much can you hide from the accountant would be a start ;D ;D

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 10:24:07 pm »
I confess....

I still need a bit of Potty training.

It's a boy thing

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 10:33:53 pm »
Where ya from cleaner east anglia's big area

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 10:44:05 pm »
The thought police are coming for you, my boy 8) 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 10:46:02 pm »
Where ya from cleaner east anglia's big area

Hey don't crowd me man, I aint ready.

Stay cool, nowhere near you :P :P 8) 8)
Pj

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 10:58:25 pm »
Train me how to pull supermodels.

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 11:49:58 pm »
Need a towbar first :-\

alansavvi

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 10:23:13 am »
Good so now that the children have responded, maybe there are hundreds out there , the silent majority that would like training?

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 11:01:22 am »
Pride comes before a crash >:(

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 12:02:50 pm »
Not going to lock horns with you, my friend.
Friday night let the jacks out of their boxes, sad we chose nothing better to do.
Confuse education with entertainment - (or something like that), so someone once said.
A valuable feature of any training programme is humour.  Raises the endorphin in the brain, makes the electro chemical impulses more receptive to new ideas, and increases retention.
As usual with clowning - it goes too far, someone is always a target.
We don't all have the same 'savoir-faire'.

As for a useful contribution:
So far I cannot comment on Wfp as I'm not there...yet.  For the rest, you say you've been in a business havily regulated which doesn't help business.  So you are probably right to be anticipating tighter regulations on our work.  It seems inevitable that as this business increases, and it is mushrooming, attention will focus more and more.  So training workshops will also increase.
One of the main things that has appealed to me for the past nearly 20 years w/c is the freedom from legislative shackles, also it was such a relief when I started, to be out in the open, away from pressure sales, training boffins, demanding targets, just me and the next happy customer.  So my starting point for your post is nostalgic.
As a popular song says "They called it Paradise, I don't know why?  To call some place Paradise and kiss it all goodbye".  Window cleaning business used to be so easy, that was the appeal, I know I'm wrong, but I'd like it to stay that way.  If it gets too tough, I'll look for something easier..Maybe I'll become a trainer!!  Yes I can teach.
You said keep off personal comments.  These are my personal comments.  As you may, or may not have read..I had a heart attack a couple of years back.  I've now got heart disease and diabetes, no don't feel sorry for me, I'm fine, but it has been a life changing experience.  I still get a little heated at times, but I keep off stress, when things start taking me down that road, I turn away.  Nothing is that important.
All these sayings: 'some people live to work, others work to live' and so on.
Not to the point, or entirely a positive view of what training I want.  I'm more in the category of: Hey maybe someone should be paying me 40k to train others!
 Any help?

John Conroy

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2005, 12:20:55 pm »
Given that the only training courses on the market are run by Ionics/ BWCA

Wrong IOSH training courses by the Fed which is now comulsory to be a member.

I thought about the possibility of starting my own training courses.

OK so what qualified you to be instructor?

When the HSE meet with representatives from our organization,
who are they going to meet? Well it looks like, the Fed, BWCA and PWC. Not really representative!

Wrong there will be a Window Cleaning Company

Knowing that the HSE are into training, I'm sure that with only one very well protected commercial company actively training, this may cause concern.

Wrong more than one

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 12:33:05 pm »
Hhmmmm no offers for me yet!

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 12:46:21 pm »
well if this carries on it'll be time for the children to come out to play again!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 12:47:14 pm »
John

?????  ??? ??? ??? ??????????
more than one  ? who`s the other ?.

the course the fed offer is nothing to do with window cleaning .
they offer health and safety training ,or ladder safety training.
c,mon explain yourself.

put up or shut up

John Conroy

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2005, 01:18:29 pm »
A window cleaning company from wales, the course has everthing to do with window cleaning, its done by the Window Cleaning Fed.

John Conroy

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2005, 01:28:42 pm »
I like the industry the way it is so you like the 6 to 10 deaths a year, I have seen at first hand what it does to a family and loved ones.

alansavvi

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 01:31:49 pm »
I like the industry the way it is so you like the 6 to 10 deaths a year, I have seen at first hand what it does to a family and loved ones.

What are you on about, where did mention that i like the industry the way it is, or deaths? I posted this thread to see how others felt about progress.

John Conroy

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 01:35:21 pm »
I like the industry the way it is, but this goverment does nothing better than regulate, EU come to mind.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2005, 01:51:52 pm »
the only thing i could find on the fed web site was a mention about health and safety training.
you would think they would do more .
they have been around long enough