This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

woody1

moaning customers
« on: May 16, 2010, 04:51:47 pm »
just phoned my custys for tomorrow to gain access but all i keep getting is is it that time already i just laugh it off i dont know whether to change the frequency or not they approached me saying the last window cleaner never turned up unless we called him any ideas please guys   ???  ???

d s windowcleaning

Re: moaning customers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 05:02:40 pm »
how often do you clean them ?
where theres muck theres money

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 05:05:01 pm »
sometimes time does fly and unless u have got a full rounds it can seem like you are going around a lot espically if like me ur rounds is just getting under control with changing everything around   (i dumped crap and moved jobs so that i did less traveling)  if u think it is too soon, take a week off at then of week four and go knocking for a week,  u get to pick up more work and brakes up the boredom of just window cleaning,  i think the future will be 6 weeks cleans,  as i havent done our local chipy for nearly 6 weeks and it is just getting dirty now

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 06:17:34 pm »
we all have custys who say this to us from time to time esp if your bang on 4 weeks!im 3 weeks behind so all my custys are pleased to see me at the moment!! ;) ;D ;D

just carry on doing them!how do you think the guys who do fortnightly cleans go on?im usually 4-5 weeks for 80% of my work then various 6weeklies/8weeklies are usually bang on time.with illness/injury/van problems lately im miles behind! ::) ::)
price higher/work harder!

woody1

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 06:32:48 pm »
cheers dazmond i clean most 4 weekly and some are 8 they told me 4 weekly now they moan one good thing they dont say not today which is a bonus

martinsadie

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 06:34:37 pm »
i find its the 4 weekly what comment about being back already the fortnightly never mention it

supernova77

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 06:36:38 pm »
This is the exact reason all of my customers are atleast every 8 weeks!

Andy

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 10:10:24 pm »
When they say 4 weeks already laugh it off and say : time just seams to fly when one is having fun.

Slash

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 07:28:23 am »
When they say "Oh,is it that time already",I always reply......"Yes,it will be Christmas soon"!

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 09:54:30 am »
Someone said on here that he was told by a customer once that she "pays you to keep the windows clean, not clean them when they are dirty"
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

roundbuilder

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 12:23:53 pm »
i keep all my work 4 weekly in summer as longer days and less obsticals  and in winter explain that it will be upto 6 weeks. My custies are fine with it. Been working like that for years, dont see point in 6/8 weekly as you will need to find an awful lot of custies for the sake of a few saying is it that time already.

Helen

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 06:34:57 pm »
just phoned my custys for tomorrow to gain access but all i keep getting is is it that time already i just laugh it off i dont know whether to change the frequency or not they approached me saying the last window cleaner never turned up unless we called him any ideas please guys   ???  ???
Are they really moaning, or just passing a comment. Each custie only says it once...you hear it many times and yes it will get on your nerves. :)

david watts

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 06:40:15 pm »
get in them corners; oh youv mist a bit ;D now that does get on your wick esp after ten years ;D
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

simon knight

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 06:45:18 pm »
Are they really moaning, or just passing a comment. Each custie only says it once...you hear it many times and yes it will get on your nerves. :)

Hi Helen, good to see you back on the forum again  :-*

Woody, just continue to laugh it off. If they want to change frequency they'll tell you soon enough, don't go putting ideas into their heads  ::)

supernova77

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 06:48:39 pm »
dont see point in 6/8 weekly as you will need to find an awful lot of custies for the sake of a few saying is it that time already.

When I started (back in 2005) I made a point of targeting larger houses... Because the prices were higher they wanted 6 or 8 weekly cleans.

It took a lot of leg work to get enough customers but 5 years on its been well worth it. Plus all my customers are always happy to see me after 8 weeks so I get no one saying "is it that time again already?".

Andy

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 06:53:06 pm »

That's a good point Helen - I've a few custies who, every single time say "is it that time already?" or "it'll rain now you've been". And it gets under my skin.

But by remembering they aren't having a go, just talking on autopilot - it is easier to deal with. I've got others who mix up my first and last names, call me Martin instead of Malcolm and Gary instead of Gold - I don't get chopsie about that so why should I about the "is it that time?" merchants?
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 07:07:00 am »

That's a good point Helen - I've a few custies who, every single time say "is it that time already?" or "it'll rain now you've been". And it gets under my skin.

But by remembering they aren't having a go, just talking on autopilot - it is easier to deal with. I've got others who mix up my first and last names, call me Martin instead of Malcolm and Gary instead of Gold - I don't get chopsie about that so why should I about the "is it that time?" merchants?

Getting my name wrong didn't bother me either until they started putting it on the cheques   :)  .
I kid you not.

jonnyald

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 08:11:49 am »
getting my name wrong doesnt bother me,im Danny and even Tony

but a winge such as "are you sure its 4weeks since?" counts as a strike in my book now . these days i tell anybody new that the round is 6weekly and  this goes down well.  ive yet to hear anybod say "is it really that time already "on a 6weekly

i read on this forum about the "3strikes and you are out rule" and now follow it religiously. though sometimes a single strike can be written off if im praised or talked nicely to!  ;)   and the nice customers like hearing about the 3strike rule and whose been dropped

dmlservices

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 07:09:48 pm »
When they say "Oh,is it that time already",I always reply......"Yes,it will be Christmas soon"!

i use that one as well ;D

daz

Jackal

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 09:48:22 pm »
when i brought my round and the bloke sold it to me as all monthly cleans but found out he did it every 6 weeks or more as he had to much work but i do my round now on monthly basis at the moment and havnt lost any yet after 5 months about 5 custys have said do it every other month and even tho i dont want be doing that its still money so accept it at the moment, when iv got to much work i will be changing it to every 5 weeks then possibly every 6 weeks, then i will be giving the awkward custy ie:(every other month type) a chance to go on the 6 weekly or get dropped,well thats the plan anyway whether its the best way go about it im not sure