This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom White

Re: lost a custy!
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 08:22:43 am »
Clee, when you first start window cleaning, be prepared to have a far higher than average intake of 'idiots' for new customers.  Don't let it discourage you.  As time goes on and you drop the idiots, you'll be left with a good customer base.

I remember having all sorts of not-so-good customers when I first started, many of whom were really just after a one-off clean.

cleewindows

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 08:25:17 am »
cheers tosh thanks for the advice m8,it upset me a bit but i nevver let on or lose my temper,i just kept calm!
Clee, when you first start window cleaning, be prepared to have a far higher than average intake of 'idiots' for new customers.  Don't let it discourage you.  As time goes on and you drop the idiots, you'll be left with a good customer base.

I remember having all sorts of not-so-good customers when I first started, many of whom were really just after a one-off clean.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 08:27:34 am »
i would try and get her back on board , otherwise she will sing like a hot canary . offer to do it trad

I have to agree with sgibson,.. I only trad bungalows and even then only the odd one where its faster than WFP. Why should the customer dictate the method, especially when its a method that has inherent risks and in many circumstances is breaking the law?!

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 09:03:40 am »
I bet some of the custies moaned when they stopped sending young boys up the chimney to clean it and resorted to a brush on a long pole. I wonder how many said "I prefer the real way, can't you send a little child up instead" ::)

tom2009

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 11:54:02 am »

encouraging stuff, when you start it helps to hear this from the old/not so old pro's , helps me anyway!

thanks Tosh ;D

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 11:58:47 am »

encouraging stuff, when you start it helps to hear this from the old/not so old pro's , helps me anyway!

thanks Tosh ;D

It's true though as in the 7 months I've been going I have lost a good few custies, but most of those I have dumped for being bad payers and messers.

tom2009

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 12:16:26 pm »
got one at the moment Murdie who will not answer the door, owes me £20 for 2 cleans, kids shout 'MUM, WINDOW CLEANER' when I get to the door, ring, ring, KNOCK, phone, shes just taking the mick. Only course of action is to invoice her I think. She's suspended until she pays.

Tom White

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 12:24:22 pm »
got one at the moment Murdie who will not answer the door, owes me £20 for 2 cleans, kids shout 'MUM, WINDOW CLEANER' when I get to the door, ring, ring, KNOCK, phone, shes just taking the mick. Only course of action is to invoice her I think. She's suspended until she pays.

When you take on a customer always write their name and telephone number down.

You then could knock, get no answer, walk round the corner and PHONE the number.  I've done that before.  If you get paid by this woman, I personally wouldn't clean her property again; it won't be worth the future hassle and customers like her will make you leave window cleaning.

A while ago I would've made it my mission to get paid, but now I don't think it's worth the angst, and I'd probably just let it go and mark it down to experience.

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 12:30:24 pm »

thanks Tosh ;D

It's true though as in the 7 months I've been going I have lost a good few custies, but most of those I have dumped for being bad payers and messers.

Thats one of the problems for newbies. You pick up all of the dross that we have dropped.  ;D

tom2009

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 12:31:24 pm »

thanks Tosh ;D

Thats one of the problems for newbies. You pick up all of the dross that we have dropped.  ;D
::) :P

tom2009

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 12:33:17 pm »

You then could knock, get no answer, walk round the corner and PHONE the number.  I've done that before.  If you get paid by this woman, I personally wouldn't clean her property again; it won't be worth the future hassle and customers like her will make you leave window cleaning.

A while ago I would've made it my mission to get paid, but now I don't think it's worth the angst, and I'd probably just let it go and mark it down to experience.
crazy thing is I clean her mothers house the same day on her recommendation. Some people!! ::)

Tom White

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 12:39:11 pm »

crazy thing is I clean her mothers house the same day on her recommendation. Some people!! ::)

I agree and the advice I gave was based on the information I read; but you know your customers better than I.  If you think she's going to be a long term pain in the ass, drop her.

tom2009

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 04:14:56 pm »

I agree and the advice I gave was based on the information I read; but you know your customers better than I.  If you think she's going to be a long term pain in the ass, drop her.
you're probably right Tosh, she's the sort that won't look you in the eye. Around the eyes, above the eyes but not in the eyes!!! always makes me susp. I might send her an invoice just to make her sweat. ;)

cozy

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 04:21:20 pm »
Think the guys are right, don't drop her though. Replace her with 2 new custies.

tom2009

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 04:31:54 pm »
Think the guys are right, don't drop her though. Replace her with 2 new custies.
I'm just off out now Cozy for a mamoth Knocking session, she'll beg me to come back one day ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 04:37:43 pm »

drop it to the mother in law say E R is yr lad paying me 4 his windows or WOT
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

tom2009

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 07:25:42 pm »

drop it to the mother in law say E R is yr lad paying me 4 his windows or WOT
lol ;D I think I will.
Lammy you know that wfp letter that was being emailed about yesterday, I think you got a copy? any chance you could email it to me, didn't hear from the post last night. tomgreen@uwclub.net cheers :)

david watts

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 07:37:54 pm »
done a medical center new job; risk ese ;method statement the lotgets there windows 40 ft
up there all up at the windows looking out like monkeys'to see you get in the corners
the moaning thats gone on cos you use a brush ::) idiots and these are doctors
dont want to pay out for a poward access clean to dear ::)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 07:42:19 pm »

I wouldn't bother cleaning them again even if she does pay up, I know it is a real PITA but you have to ask your self how much hassle is it worth to keep going back and forth ?

One of the first customers I ever got turned out to be a waste of time and hassle so I dropped her, she owed me money but I wrote it off, I also do the flat above hers and every time I go to do it I make sure there is suds from the upstairs window run down onto hers  ;D Mind you next time I go I'll be doing the upstairs flat WFP so she will just have to make do with pure water running down the wall and onto her windows ::)

dmlservices

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 07:47:46 pm »

i had 1 like this , so i parked my van outside her drive , whilst i cleaned the rest of the street, was trad at the time, and it was a full days work , she had to find me when it was time to get kids from school, paid up, i then dumped her, i dont let anyone take me for a mug

daz