Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

blacksheep

my costings
« on: August 25, 2005, 03:15:21 pm »
hi guys,not sure if i am doing  this calculation wrong, it seems a tad on the high side for my costings. my insurance will be £150 for public & £800 for employers=£ 950 per year, so i divided this by 52 weeks= £18.26 per week, monthly =£73.04 i have done all  calculations this way but so far there are a few things i have not add yet, and the cost of cleaning a factory unit 5 days a week seem to be going through the roof. At my prices i would ent want me lol :o  and i have made a wild guess about employers national ins been about £2.80 per week.Question is am i doing this the right way kind regards blacksheep

garyj

Re: my costings
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 03:58:52 pm »
Mmmm, its frightening when you start to add up your outgoings isn't it, the one that cheeses me off is when you add up how many hours your cleaner has to work just to pay their holidays!! :o.

It looks like you're on the right tracks though and knowing these things makes it much easier to justify your high prices to your customers. You may struggle a bit for a year or two and then one day everything falls into place because your fixed costings stay roughly the same but with additional income from extra work you really start to make a profit.

There is a very helpful chap on here called CMS who a few months back posted a rather useful spreadsheet, it would be worth having a search for it because I use it to check my quotes and its quite accurate, and you could adapt it further to include anything you wanted ( thats if he doesn't mind  ;) )

blacksheep

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 01:45:52 am »
hi jeryj, i took something down off this forum a while back to help me when i need it called the cost calculator, and been following that as a example doing costs, but on that sheet insurance is down as £0.64,so for a 3 day ,so when mine came to £18 odd i thought i went very wrong plus i had in mind to charge about £10 per hour for office clean,i got this figure from  the other half who had a sneek view of contracters who came to quote at his factory  ;and they came in at between £9 - £14, i worked out the way im going £20 which has to be way off and i have just been on a course for costing last week with business enterprise, i need to go back again, i cant afford to get this wrong or i will go belly up before i start ,thanks for your reply ::)

Fox

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 08:23:06 am »
The more employees you have the less your insurance for each one will be so you need to divide your figure again by the number of employees. 

Your insurance costs should not be lumped together to quote for one job but spread over the amount of hours.  You may have an employee working 4 hours per day 2hrs each on separate sites the costs would then be split in this way.

You can't expect a client to take the full costings of your insurance.  But as more contracts come in the costing will be covered plus more.

Fox 

garyj

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 10:20:20 am »
Hooooray, Fox is back, the voice of reason, where you bin?

Fox

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 10:31:27 am »
Hi Gary mate, hows it going?  Have been popping in and out of here but nothing has caught my attention enough to answer till now! 

Pain in the you know what not to have PM's you'll have to let me have your email so we can catch up  ;D  ;D

garyj

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 10:57:48 am »
LOL, reminds me Extras last night, you haven't posted your email  ::)

Email me