Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S.C.S

Help on finding Work
« on: August 12, 2005, 09:14:59 pm »
 :) Hi all reading alot of these messages on here it seems that alot of you have a lot of commecial work.
So i was wondering if anyone of you could give me a bit of advise on how to get commecial work i mean at the moment i do 2 factorys on a 2 week basis and i do 14 pubs on a 2 week basis but there is alot of factorys e.t.c by me and ide like to get my name about.
For example tesco are just about to build a big store in my town centre its due for completion after xmas how would i get that.
Please help... :D

Sir Squeaky

Re: Help on finding Work
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 10:09:01 pm »
Big chains like Tescos tend to go for big companies that do other branches, sometimes they are window cleaners who do nothing but all the branches within a certain radius.

Anyway, you've still got more commercial than I've picked up in 4 and a half years on my own.

S.C.S

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 10:28:02 pm »
Really ive been going just over 1year now but recently picked up alot more pubs due to the fact that 1 of the pubs i do the manager owns another 5 so ive made him a deal.
But i just wanna pick up more factorys for mayself so i can start early and finish early . i mean i dont think some of my customers would like me to climb up a ladder at 6 in the morning.
So by doing factorys and stuff i can start at 6 and be finished for dinner.
Thanks for that anyway about tesco i thought thats what they tend to do

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 10:41:38 pm »
For larger premises put on a uniform (not a nurses uniform ;D) or dress smart casual, ask at reception who you need to contact regarding window cleaning. If you can't see them there and then, write in or e-mail.

Follow up with a phone call to make an appointment to explain what you do.

Keep calling every three months and do not give up!
It's a game of three halves!

S.C.S

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 10:57:35 pm »
Thanks for that at the moment when im rained of i tend to ring companys but im due to go on my jollys september and ive got uniforms ordered for when i get back.

Thanks.. :)