Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

squeaky-clean 1

rubber seals on double glazing
« on: August 14, 2005, 03:42:08 pm »
hi all

can anyone help me one of my customers have cancelled because she has spoken to a double glazing company about my wfp water and she said she was told that over a period of time my water would cause damage to the rubber seals and should not be used .

i do also have different cutomer who owns a double glazing company which uses r/o water to clean their glazing units  before they leave the factory.

can anyone shed any light on this for me? ???

the customer who cancelled lived in the same street as another customer who canelled because my water would damage her flowers (i now avoid the street as i think they are all inbreeds) ;D ;D lol
Belinda
the real boss.

Re: rubber seals on double glazing
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 06:41:14 pm »
I used to make and fit them and it's fantasy about damaging seals with pure water

we used di but went on to ro for cleaning the units after they were sealed up

The only thing that might happen is by brushing you might get a bit of water past a seal especially if they are a bit wonky - if that happens, the unit can mist up, but again not your fault cos it means the unit seal is not doing its job

Hooray for the all knowledgeable customer ;)

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 06:48:16 pm »
I think you've got a street of paranoids, I bet they start planning to make an ark if it rains for a couple of days.

How about challanging this d/glassing company to explain how pure water can damage rubber if you have the confidence involve the press ( and get loads of free advertising good for iffy for them)

Or just replace the customers with ones that have brain cells and are not genetic failures
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

gaza

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 07:20:35 pm »
KEVIN:DID YOU SEE MY REPLY ? about pure water and plants,its better for plants than tap water . carnt see any damage being done to the seals as they are only their for nice looking finish,the window damage is caused by the sealed unit breaking down {misting} Wish i had a fiver for each one Ive seen while trad cleaning.

I would tell that customer before I told her to find another w/c your ignorance is your arrogance,and what are you going to do when everyone is wfp {dont worry it will come}

Your better off losing negative in breeds They arnt bothered about your safety UNTIL ONE LANDS IN THEIR BACK GARDEN.
yOU CAN SURROUND YOURSELF WITH NEGATIVE THINKING PEOPLE UNTIL THEY GRIND YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL.
The best advice on hereive seen is have clients not customes ,customers want it done  as cheap as possible clients want a job done well never mind the cost.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 07:52:42 pm »
yes gazza i did see you reply on the other post,

i cant belive my luck coming across a hole street of inbreeds like that they must of had a nabourhood watch meeting about me as they all came up with lame excuses to cancell but as i said on the last post about her flowers i did get a very large regular houes(90 wkly) so i droped 6@ £6 and gained £90  ::)
not bad hey :D
Belinda
the real boss.

The Bear

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 08:22:56 pm »
hi all

can anyone help me one of my customers have cancelled because she has spoken to a double glazing company about my wfp water and she said she was told that over a period of time my water would cause damage to the rubber seals and should not be used .

i do also have different cutomer who owns a double glazing company which uses r/o water to clean their glazing units  before they leave the factory.

can anyone shed any light on this for me? ???

the customer who cancelled lived in the same street as another customer who canelled because my water would damage her flowers (i now avoid the street as i think they are all inbreeds) ;D ;D lol

Double glazing firms will always blame their bad workmanship on the window cleaner.

I worked for a time making the glazing units for a company. If it is sealed properly, it will last 15  years or so, if it's not sealed properly it will break down any way.

It may be that high pressure may find the gaps quicker, the glazing company will though blame it on us, so they dont have to re-glaze.

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 12:06:11 am »
Hi squeaky-clean 1

she said she was told that over a period of time my water would cause damage to the rubber seals and should not be used .

She'd best keep her windows out the rain then as rain water always also must contain the same H2O as pure water whereas rain water has added other stuff.

Some people are daft or just coming up yet another reason to cancel which sounds ok them without having to say those dreaded words which they hate which is 'no thanks'.

Cheers

Ross

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 08:38:24 am »
The black rubber seals on double glazing do simply break down over time and in my experience, we come aling,clean the windows and the black surface leaks into the white frame a little more, this is hapening anyway to them.  It is a design fault.  It doesn't happen to the white seals, mybe they are plastic (upvc) so the sun doesn't break them down so easy.  I have found some complain, and that is my explanation.
Pj