Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Temple cleaning services

just got my loncin pressure washer advice plz!
« on: May 02, 2010, 10:02:18 am »
Hi guys i just got my 13hp loncin rigged up yesterday on the garden. i bought a 200ltr water butt but it will not suck from the butt 1st off,  the pipe work has 2 be filled with water from the tap to get it goin, then its fine once its submerged in the butt, i dont no if its air but its no gud havin to do that everytime?? help plz!!

Nathanael Jones

Re: just got my loncin pressure washer advice plz!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 11:40:39 am »
do you have a valve fitted to the pump for quick priming?
If not start the machine at low revs with the trigger open & no nozzle  fitted & it'll prime the pump much faster. What pump model is it?

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 01:28:42 pm »
Fit the suction via a bulkhead fitting to the bottom of your butt to give a positive suction feed, this not only makes priming easier but also prolongs pump life. I have plumbed mine with the strainer inside which unscrews and a high flow ball valve to fill it

Temple cleaning services

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 01:59:11 pm »
cud you explain wot a bulkhaed fitting is?

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 09:36:08 pm »
A bulkhead fitting is a Nipple with a long thread and nut to allow a fitting through the wall of your tank - in the bottom. Like this:-

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/Caravan/water/Water_supply_fittings/Bulkhead_and_Tank_Fittings.aspx

Get one from your local Hydraulic shop of decent plumbers merchant

Keith Dobson

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 05:13:27 pm »
Just do as Nath said  Put your weighted suction hose in the water pull you trigger on your lance  (no nozzle) start your engine let the pump work  and run until you have a good constant flow of water (should only take approx 1-2 mins max.) Pull the trigger start and stop flow a couple of times if there is no kick back from your pump (strange noise) you have no air in your system if you do get a strange noise keeping the water flowing until you have a constant flow .

BDCS

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 05:19:17 pm »
1 - 2 mins of running a pump dry will do the pump no good at all - correctly plumbing a pump feed will greatly extend a pumps life and all for a couple of quid and a little time

STEVE-UK

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 05:46:35 pm »
Got the same machine mate, you need to start it up with the hose disconnected from the washer until water comes out, turn it off and connect the hose then start up, it happens now and again ;)

BDCS

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 06:41:40 pm »
You should not start any positive displacement pump dry. Fill the suction line,connect to the pump and then start the engine with the pressure valve open and when the bubbles are gone shut the valve

Keith Dobson

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 07:10:20 pm »
Of course you don't run it dry - the water should flow almost immediately within a few seconds, what I was suggesting is that you keep the trigger pulled allowing any air in the pipe to be removed until you get a nice constant flow of water.
Sorry if this confused a few of you.