Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gazz28

WFP volume of water used in an average day?
« on: August 09, 2005, 04:40:46 pm »
Hi there

I've been reading various posts on this site regarding WFP systems. Is it true that they use hundreds of gallons of water during a full day of window cleaning?

I have no doubt that these things do an excellent job, but at what cost to our water reserves? If, as predicted we are going to have many long, dry summers, will the use of WFPs be frowned upon by water companies and local authorities. Will hosepipe bans stop window cleaners from using their WFP systems?

I have a feeling that laws will be passed in the future that limit the use of WFPs and other cleaning systems that use copious amounts of water. It could also be that some customers begin to frown upon the use of WFPs on their windows when they see how much water is being used.

It'll be interesting to hear your views on this

Sir Squeaky

Re: WFP volume of water used in an average day?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 05:16:00 pm »
I'm still a squeegee man and I'm glad I'm not seen using that amount of water at the moment.

I had a few customers mention the water shortage today, and I don't suppose they'd think much of me contributing to it.
No intention of me changing my methods.

Roger.

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 05:30:26 pm »
I had a quick google and found the following:

Water

Although the UK's population has remained stable since the 1960s, we use 70% more water per person than 40 years ago. Households account for 64% of treated water usage, and the increase in water demand is mainly the result of the use of water intensive appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers and power showers, as well as more regular bathing and irrigation. Despite our perception of the UK having excessive amounts of rain, there are predicted shortages of water in 5 out of 10 UK water regions by the year 2009 if present usage patterns continue and some areas are already close to demand exceeding potential supply.

There are many ways to reduce our demand on mains water and the solutions include reducing water usage in the first place, using alternative sources of water such as rainwater, and recycling the water that we use in our homes. These practical measures are most effective if implemented at the design stage.

matt

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 06:09:12 pm »
today i used 105 L's of water

100 for my WFP and 5 L for my bucket

i know the 100 pure water really means roughly about 300 - 400 L (with waste water BUT i do reuse the waste water to water the lawn and plants

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 09:52:35 pm »
I used about 600 ltrs pure water (two vans) and must be the same again by teenage girls having baths and showers every time I go to use the bathroom.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz