Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TopGlass

Scary!!!!
« on: August 26, 2005, 05:00:12 pm »
I found this and I just can't believe the lengths that some w/c go to!!! :-\

Ladder stolen in cleaner turf war 
A window cleaner who stole a rival's ladder, leaving him hanging onto a window ledge, has been ordered to do 18 months community service.
Manchester Crown Court heard Tanvir Akhtar 31, of Gordon Avenue, Clarksfield, Oldham, started a turf war with a rival window cleaner.

He admitted stealing ladders and was also ordered to pay £135 compensation.

The judge told Akhtar that it was not a very impressive way of solving a commercial dispute.

Ladders stolen

The court heard Akhtar began threatening window cleaners working in the same area last year.

Akhtar claimed that one of them, Stephen Fairbrother was stealing his clients, and on a number of occasions had approached the cleaner and told him to leave the area.

He and a friend pulled the ladders from under Mr Fairbrother and left him hanging from window ledges - the window cleaner managed to jump into a garden.

Akhtar's defence said he had skewed thinking which needed to be taken care of.

Darren Cordial

Mark Curtis

Re: Scary!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 05:02:04 pm »
Not a member on here I hope? >:(

AuRavelling79

Re: Scary!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 05:48:31 pm »
I found this and I just can't believe the lengths that some w/c go to!!! :-\

Ladder stolen in cleaner turf war 
A window cleaner who stole a rival's ladder, leaving him hanging onto a window ledge, has been ordered to do 18 months community service.

Perhaps the 18 months would be best spent making him work for Mr Fairbrother as an assistant window cleaner!
It's a game of three halves!