Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

thewindowcleaner1

Pressure washer
« on: July 31, 2005, 10:49:45 am »
I've read on this forum about a couple of people that use presure washers to clean facia's ect, I relise that water going under the fennel on con roofs is a problem to be considerd..

But my question is
can a WFp be used to carry pressure hose to a hight?

As I've just been looking around B&Q and they now do a good selection of extenshion hoses and attachments and this got me thinking about cleaning facia's gutters ect with pressure washer, There's also some bargains to be had for petrol pressure washers on E-bay.

I estimate that if the system can be put together it could be up and running for around £200-£250 add to this a small camera that can be attached to the end of a pole about another £80 (mith screen)(as seen on shopping Channel) and A PVC wash could be done in a quarter of the time for the same price..

Any idea's, comments, sugestions welcomed
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Re: Pressure washer
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 11:04:18 am »
Hi

I would not recommend using a pressure washer on a conservatory, to much risk involved.

With reference to a pressure washer being attached to a wfp, yes, that is possible. You need the trigger at the bottom though; a good hacksaw and a length of hose will solve this!!!

Last week, I attached a hose pipe and spray nozzle to a 20ft extension pole. I had the handle strapped down so it was permanently on. This worked well for me, because I cleaned these gutters with my wfp and they where black, so not wanting to be around for ages waiting for the drips to stop so I could finish them, I reverted to that method. Attached the hose to an outside tap and rinsed them down in seconds.

Andrew

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 11:13:05 am »
I would not recommend using a pressure washer on a conservatory, to much risk involved

Ya I relise the problems concerning conservatorys But if a nosel attachment coud be fitted to the end of a pole in such a way that the direction could be controled then the water pressure could be directed Down thus eliminating the water going under the Fennel, what d'ya think? this would also be useful in clearing out gutters ( with some sort of cover above it so that the water and rubbish did not fly every where.

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

simonwonder

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 12:30:40 pm »
hi with ref to pole on end of pressure washer try omnipole power pole  it works