Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bang goes that theory!
« on: March 30, 2010, 10:35:42 pm »
Anyone else see the programme tonight with Richard Hammond.
He got onto the micro organisms around our bodies and houses and up popped the dust mite.
Yippee I thought, go for it Richard, scare the public about their carpets and let the phone start ringing.......oh no he went onto how much of an important part they play in our lives by munching away at our discarded skin Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh ;D
Never mind on the plus side my friend up the road has 200,000 leaflets that are now worthless ;D ;D ;D

Jim_77

Re: Bang goes that theory!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 10:38:37 pm »
Haha I just saw it and thought the same.. I saw the picture of dust mites and immediately thought "the phone's going to go mental tomorrow"

Bast**d!!  I used to like Hammond :(

But sod that, I'm waiting for the NASA-developed "Lotus" technology to come along and make cleaning completely redundant ::)

robert meldrum

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 10:55:51 pm »
Don't know about the Lotus thing but there is a product I saw about 15 years ago which would certainly reduce  cleaning frequencies and protect almost any surface from cross contamination, wear and infestation. I had considered marketing it but there was a licensing problem at the time.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 08:27:15 am »
I read the dustmite thing in a different way.

I saw it as being pro carpet. There is possibly an incentive for the householder to keep carpets rather than rip them up and put a wood floor down.

More carpets, more cleaning. And we'll be removing lots of different allergens.

My glass is half full :)

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:52:50 am »
Ken

You should be a motivational speaker

Jason Ryan

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:25:39 pm »
Thats a good way of looking at it Ken, just hope clients who did now invest in more carpets :D

J

Dave_Lee

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 04:27:34 pm »
Mr Hammond is correct though isn't he. The little critters themselves are harmless and they do, do a good job of eating up our dead skin, however its their faeces that cause some people problems, like asthma.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Colin Day

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 04:35:02 pm »
On the back of it, I've got a rug to clean now, the custy actually said that "Richard Hammond" made her realise how disgusting her rug was! I had to laugh!