Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dougster

window cleaning machines
« on: May 24, 2005, 11:21:06 pm »
please can anyone help me, not sure what to buyjavascript:replaceText(' :-\\', document.postmodify.message);
Undecided and there is so many different firms offering to sell what ever they can to me without proper imformation. all my work is residential, big detatched houses,on a monthy basis,some small semis and teraces. i already have a 1000ltr water tank and would like to buy a machine to add to it.i am not sure wheather to buy a trolley system a trailer system as i dont need to carry it all the times with me. a company have just advised me to go for the trolley system,and buy a 4 stage water treatment system with the reverse osmosis membraines. but the only problem is i dont no any one with a trolley system to get feed back from them. thanks very much dougiejavascript:replaceText(' ::)', document.postmodify.message);
Roll Eyes

simonwonder

Re: window cleaning machines
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 02:24:05 pm »
speak to reuben on 08452266002 tell him what you need and he will advise you

gaza

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 06:00:18 pm »
Through my experience a trolley system is a must have piece of kit. try william x on this site he seems to know what hes on about,carnt wait to see his system and gismoes attached.should be ready for sale very shortly,+he will give you lessons as well.carnt be bad.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 06:19:02 pm »
hi i have a trolley system works well you can work it as a trolley or as a van mounted system the van mount certainly has advantages but i think for residential work you will need a trolly more than anything else ;D

martindrz400

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 06:23:40 pm »
 hello i have a trolley system wich holds 25l containers 5 stage ro with di to polish off give me a ring 01763 257823 to disguss works very well

simonwonder

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 10:19:47 pm »
call mike at cleantech 01563550450  for next day delivery

williamx

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 10:51:33 pm »
Dougster

I have developed a trolley system which carrys 120 litres of pure water which is enough for 3 Large detached houses or 7-8 terraced.  It comes with a pump and regulator that allows 2 people to work the system at the same time without losing water pressure, it will also run over 40 metres of hose, I am looking to increase this distance if I think the system needs it.

At the moment its being put though Its road test  to see what needs to be upgraded, this should take 4 to 6 weeks (you can't rush perfection).

What I looking to achive is a system that you will be able to take apart and put together in minutes and can be carried in a small vechicle.

It should have the benefits of a truck mount with the amount of water it can carry before it needs to be refilled.

It will have the benefits of a trolley were it can go around houses or down alleys or to buildings were you can't park a truck mount outside.

It will also have the benefits of a backpack to reach those hard to reach windows, like cutting though 3 neighbours back gardens to reach your customers back windows.

It will be on sale soon via ebay and other sites with a price tag of £1000 which includes making pure water - free delivery and a 1 days training course on  how to get the best results from this system.

Each system will be built to order with a delivery date of 10 days from ordering.

I will ONLY be building 30 systems per year because of time restrictions.

matt

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 03:49:38 pm »
build your own with easy to get parts and even easier just plug in and use

http://www.d.co.uk/

loads of others have, why pay other to just put bits together when its a 2 hour job

check out the forum as loads of questions and idea's for tweaking YOUR system

http://www.d.co.uk/

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 10:40:43 pm »
Hi williamX - how does the trolley carry 120 litres? One tank? Barrels?

That will weigh 120kg, which with pump and battery will go over one eigth of a ton to pull along. I find 50/60 litres on my trolley about a sensible manageable limit.

Keen to learn!
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 10:49:53 pm »
 Sorry, Graham please translate!???
It's a game of three halves!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 11:23:28 pm »
Oh dear,

A couple of Graham Goulds posts have been removed, come on Graham, stop being silly.

Ian (in moderator mode I'm afraid)
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

williamx

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 12:13:54 am »
MalcG

When I first started out I had a trolley which only held 50 litres of water which was ok for 1 or 2 house cleans, which was ok at the start, but after a short time I had to clean 10 - 20 houses in the same road.

Now I could only park at the end of the road so I either had to kept going back to fill up with water or find a easier method, which I did by using a garden trolley which can carry 8 x 25 litre water containers = 200 litres.

To pull a trolley holding 200 litres is not easy if you are going uphill but downhill or on the straight it is easy.

This system is ok until you have to go down a back alley, Then it is useless as there is not enough room for it to go there.

But with the trolley I now use which carriers 120 litres of water, I find that I can go down alleyways. 

williamx

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 01:05:49 am »
Matt

Of course it is cheaper to build your own system.

The link which you have provided is excellent for someone who wants to start off in the wfp business and at £550 it might seem a bargain.

But lets see what it can't do

It will only hold 25 litres of water before it needs refilling, which is ok for 1 house, then you have to go back to your vechicle and fill up.

My system carriers 120 litres of water which will clean 7 - 8 houses before you need go and with water, so saying you time.

Your system can only do the front or back, if there is easy access.

My system can reach upto 132 feet away from the trolley and I looking at upgrading this to 330 feet.

The poles and other equipment that you recommend is very basic.

Mine is not

I also offer a free delivery and training session, which I can't see your system offering.

Now like you I want other cleaners to have a affordable system, but I would like them to save money in the long run, your system is find, but I think it is basic and any new wfp user would need to upgrade sooner rather than later.

This is the reason I am convince that my system is the most viable system on the market.

matt

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 09:48:23 am »
William, you were decent enough to reply to my post in a good manner, so i hope i will do the same

i will reply will bein the qoute underlined

Matt

Of course it is cheaper to build your own system.

a fair bit cheaper, and you can add and adapt to suit what you need

The link which you have provided is excellent for someone who wants to start off in the wfp business and at £550 it might seem a bargain.

yes, i agree

But lets see what it can't do

It will only hold 25 litres of water before it needs refilling, which is ok for 1 house, then you have to go back to your vechicle and fill up.

i use the said system, as do others, and the word refill isnt really fair, its a straight swap of the barrel, takes ALOT LESS time that pouring, its a 10 sec job :)

I only do the upstairs and get 3 - 4 (sometimes 5) houses out of a barrel

My system carriers 120 litres of water which will clean 7 - 8 houses before you need go and with water, so saying you time.

see above, its just changing the barrel, though saying that, i would get all day out of your system, so thats  a plus

Your system can only do the front or back, if there is easy access. 

i find trailing hoses a pain in the butt, thus i only have 10 M's of hose, i park my cart under the middle of the front of the house and clean the front, then move around the back and do the same, job done, i do find that just haveing the cart is handy, as in the summer people stare gardening stuff do the side path, to i tkae out the barrel and carry it down the bath, then pick up the cart and do the same, VERY EASY

My system can reach upto 132 feet away from the trolley and I looking at upgrading this to 330 feet.

See above, hoses snag and catch on things, then trail through flowers and destory them, i find them a pain

The poles and other equipment that you recommend is very basic.

Mine is not

Brush is accepted as the standard in the game and is hardwearing and works great, if its good enough for omni its good enough for me, the poles are unger (enough said), i wouldnt say they are basic, mine have lasted over 1 year now

I also offer a free delivery and training session, which I can't see your system offering.

the difference is, the site is offering the info for FREE, i make nothing, nada, not a penny, the system on the page is built for 550 quid, mostly inc delivery

and on the matter of training, its fairly easy to use and takes 1/2 a day practise on your own home and mates houses, if any1 wants to pay me 200 quid they can come and have a days training, hell I'll even through in a free cooked breakie from the cafe BUT with only ONE cuppa tea, i aint made of money you know  ;D

Now like you I want other cleaners to have a affordable system, but I would like them to save money in the long run, your system is find, but I think it is basic and any new wfp user would need to upgrade sooner rather than later.

i KNOW that the system i have will last me doing my residentail homes and some comercail for years to come

This is the reason I am convince that my system is the most viable system on the market.

fair enough and good luck to you, i hope you become rich, i just did the site to help others for FREE (though cheers to the few who have helped with the hosting costs :)), that what the net is about, and i hope others will follow and go the DIY route, as it works well and saves money, for me, if i have helped even ONE person its been worthwhile,

williamx

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 03:19:33 pm »
Matt

I totally agree with what you said and for £550 it is a bargain, I've seen the same kind of thing for £1500 ???.  Anything that you build yourself is going to be cheaper of course.

In the time that I have been using a wfp pole system I have come across various jobs that cannot not be done with a trolley or it takes so long to do that it becomes uneconomical to do.

I have found that if you had that extra bit of kit, would it earn me more money? YES, in less time? YES and would it cost a lot to get? NO.

My system I have found does all of these things quite well and is still cheaper than any other purposefully built machine. ;D

No doubt when people see what mine looks like and what it does, then they will go and build a copy for themself. :)

I hope that they can improve on what I have done, so that we all can benefit. :)

But some people don't want to go down the diy route with all the problems it can create, instead they want a system that they can order one day, have it delivered and be trained the next day and be earning the day after.

With my system all of the above is possible.

dougster

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 11:46:26 pm »
thanks to every one replying , and giving me tips and imfo, but i am going to build my own as i have started ordering the bits and bats i need.And would like to learn from this experience. has any one made there own polls and if so please be so kind to share the imfo, thanks very much dougie