Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Salmon

Conservatories - price and time
« on: June 22, 2005, 08:41:15 pm »
For an average con how much would you charge for top and sides and how long would it take you???

Re: Conservatories - price and time
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 10:30:33 pm »
Salmon,

I think the lack of replies indicates that your question was too open.

It's the proverbial 'how long is a bit of string?'.

What I do is to price the house without the conservatory; then add £4.00 to £X depending on the size of the conservatory.  One house I do is small compared to their massive conservatory (which has at least the floor space of the house; plus a bit) therefore I charge accordingly.

As for doing the roofs; I add £5.00 or so onto the normal price, but I've only a couple of customers who regularly want me to clean the roofs.

Thankfully.

matt

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 10:49:13 pm »
Conservatories

my prices starts at 4 quid for a small un (under 3M X 3M) then a average one (bigger than the small un) about 5 or 6 quid

right up to a massive one for 20 quid

as for the roof, price starts at 10 quid using WFP

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 11:31:25 pm »
Nooooo! Way too cheap guys!

This is true - believe me.

If I do a conservatory roof (Victorian look-a-like type with finials etc) I always include the frames, sides and cills and I charge between £50 and £65. They take about two hours. Customers bite my hands off. Don't sell yourselves short.

Lean-to type - £30!

Side glass only? As part of the normal clean? £5 to £10.
It's a game of three halves!

The Bear

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 12:05:44 am »
MalcG has it right!

ken dickinson

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 12:16:46 am »
Well just done my first conservatory roof today quoted £8 just for roof all together about 13 panels 4 out on each side and 5 for the end
god i wish i would have quoted more sweat was pouring off me but next time will be easier went through 75 litres of water but they were very impressed and have booked it for 4 times a year at least next time it will be quicker and easier so my advice to anyone doing just the roof it must be at least £20 doesnt matter where you are or how big the cons took me just over an hour then the sides and house so basically £17 for an hour and half
so not the best paying job in the world but you live and learn I know for next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ken

steve k

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 10:37:44 am »
I quote conservatories at £10 a month for glass and £25 for roof which the customer tends to want once/twice a year.
I don`t get many requests for roofs but then again, I don`t advertise it.
If they think your price is too high don`t do it...keep to your hourly rate.

jsm

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 08:43:11 pm »
Well just done my first conservatory roof today quoted £8 just for roof all together about 13 panels 4 out on each side and 5 for the end
god i wish i would have quoted more sweat was pouring off me but next time will be easier went through 75 litres of water but they were very impressed and have booked it for 4 times a year at least next time it will be quicker and easier so my advice to anyone doing just the roof it must be at least £20 doesnt matter where you are or how big the cons took me just over an hour then the sides and house so basically £17 for an hour and half
so not the best paying job in the world but you live and learn I know for next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ken

ken we use the water from the tap first then finish with Di water ( if need - if it's not clear glass use tap water ) - saves you useing up your " wetgold " plus you can turn tap on full for lots of water pressure  . £20 seems more like it

john
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 08:33:34 am »
My Mum was quoted £60 to have her conservatory roof cleaned.
They were "Pressure Washers" not window cleaners. Their prices for doing patios and drives were just as steep.

No prize for guessing her answer.

I did it for a cup of coffee.

cedric

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 01:23:47 pm »
We charge £30 for small conservatory roofs and £70 for big ones.
Customers don't mind to pay as long the job is done properly.

marc al

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 05:16:18 pm »
  Always make sure you rinse, rinse and rinse again on conservatory roofs, they look sparkling clean when wet, but can still look dirty when they dry, I found this out when doing the biggest conservatory roof you can find and had to go back the next day and do it again.

pjulk

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 05:48:21 pm »
I agree with Marc G alot of you are way to cheap your selling yourself short.

I clean about 3 a week at the moment and my prices start from £60 for a small conservatory or £40 for a small lean to.
I do all the upvc, finales, glass and guttering.

Charge a descent price people will pay it.

Paul

simbo

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 07:35:51 pm »
could anyone give advise on cleaning cons roof without waterfed pole as have been asked a couple of times there must be a way
paul

simbo

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 08:06:10 pm »
A fiver!! what do you do just chuck a buckeat of water over it and walk away, you don't value yourself much do you

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 08:12:11 pm »
I don't find anybody wants to pay much more than that anyway,
and they're pleased it's a lot better than it was before.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 09:45:19 pm »
A fiver!! what do you do just chuck a buckeat of water over it and walk away, you don't value yourself much do you

Nah.  He just stands there till it rains  ;D