Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DP

1st floor windows at heathrow
« on: July 18, 2005, 10:42:36 am »
Hi guys.

Have been asked to tender for a small quantity of first floor windows in a modern warehouse at Heathrow. This is a monthly/quarterly tender based on cost. Problem is its under the flight path and they are minging from jet fuel.

It would be an ideal candidate for water fed poles but not on the first clean, this would have to be by hand. The second problem is it would have to be done via powered access initially.

There is about 10 windows and the cost of hiring the cherry picker + delivery is going to prove very expensive (would work out to about £45 a window).

So any idea's? Or is there anyone with their own access equipment in the Heathrow area that we could sub to.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

williamx

Re: 1st floor windows at heathrow
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 12:37:40 pm »
DP

Have you thought about wfp on the 1st clean with window cleaning chemicals already in the water and then rinse off with pure water.

DP

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 01:47:05 pm »
Many Thanks for the reply.

In short "No I hadn’t" that’s because I didn’t know what was possible with a WFP system and thinking about it, this would have been a much better question to have asked in the first place  :-[

I thinks its because I have heard of so many problems with "first cleans" plus the fact that these are minging made me think it wasn’t possible.

So it leads me on to ask "How good is a wfp system in this situation" could it cope with jet fuel residue covered with cobwebs (no doubt caused by dust from the building site over the road)?

We are still looking for a WC contact in this area as we are primarily office cleaners, is there anyone that would be interested in these works? (although still subject to tender at this time).

simonwonder

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 01:36:32 am »
call simon on 079897 44101 or 07792174438 or e-mail : info@swccleaning.co.uk tell him what and where and he will be happy to help

DP

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 01:00:04 pm »
Sorry just seen this many thanks will call today.

simonwonder

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 01:37:53 am »
call  simon on 07792 174438 or e-mail me on  info@swccleaning.co.uk

DP

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 10:41:42 am »
Hi Simon
Have e-mailed you today with my address, Many Thanks.