Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Oneills onb

sky lights
« on: March 23, 2010, 08:04:37 am »
Hi guys

Been asked to clean this sky light windows there's 8 in total needs to be done by a crane as you cant walk on the roof, what is the best thing to use on these was thinking of tfr & wfp ??? ???

Oneills onb

Re: sky lights
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 08:05:10 am »
out side

stalwart

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 09:43:11 pm »
You can actually walk on those metal corri roof sheets but you'll need crawler boards,but there are bloody slippy when wet.
Those sky lights are made of that poly po plastic stuff tfl wont do much good,a good soak with b***** and heat/hot water will get most of it off thing is they get so pitted you can never get it really clean
nice job though ;)
Been there,seen it,done it,just cant remember when

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 09:48:26 pm »
I think the wfp and tfr would be the way to go, you could do it from either a man basket on a fork truck, scaffold tower or even crawling boards. Thats asbestos by the look of it.

A mate of mine died of as abestosis - it took a month to cremate him  :o

stalwart

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 10:10:41 pm »
Nah not the skylights,not asbestos, yrs ago they were made of fiberglass,unless you mean the roof itself,which ever way crane or cherry picker save agro,i still say bleach though,erm no i didnt,lol

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:24:52 pm »
I've changed my mine again - you could do it from a set of steps on the roof of the Lexus ::)
Bleach would do it but some HS officers frown on its use - Tree huggers and ramblers - you know the sort

Oneills onb

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 11:48:02 am »
what sort of price would you charge for this? it's a days work easy think there was 8 of them ??? ???

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 12:03:47 pm »
I'd go in about £180 if they supply the access, maybe a touch more but I would'nt want to be there a whole day. Tell him it'll recoup the cost in electric light savings

stalwart

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 06:24:47 pm »
HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM H+S yes,that why i went b*****,you could use brick acid but dont leave it on to long,as for access on the roof go which way you think is the safest,by the looks of the job your gonna be in full view of all,so do the right thing  ;).
Price wise do your day rate + whatever you have to get for access + your profit ;D