Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve.D

Advice needed
« on: July 11, 2005, 06:15:59 pm »
Hi

Brilliant website, after spending 18 years working with unemployed young people I am about to give it up to start a window cleaning business with my partner. We have a 1001 questions but will start with this one.....We are interested in the WFP systems. Is there a portable system on the market for a residential window cleaner. Collecting money can be time consuming i.e being out or at work at time of cleaning. How do most people here collect money, one person here used a payment by post method, this sounded interesting and time saving any more comments on this?

Thanks

Roy Harding

Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 06:28:08 pm »
Hi welcome to the forum

To your first question, yes there are back packs and trolley systems, if you do a search on the site you will find many topics.

After window cleaning 2oyrs using a  self addressed envelope for payment to be retuned to you is very successful. But some use direct debits.   

Roy :)

Steve.D

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 06:38:54 pm »
Thanks Roy

I know it is possible to send cash by post these days but is your postal arrangement cheques only?

Spanner

Roy Harding

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 06:45:41 pm »
If they are in I will take cash or cheque, if they are out they send a cheque in the post. This works well as very few leave it more than a week. And in winter when you have a day off because of rain, you can have several ££ come through the mail.

Roy :)

DODA

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 09:10:48 pm »
hi

i use the sae system to get my csm,s to pay and it,s great ,i used to go collecting on the weekend but i could spend two hours driving round and coming home with just a few £,s , at least with the sae,s the money come,s through your door and leaves the weekends free to do better thing,s ....

As for portable system,s i use a trolley system from cleantech and thier great pain in the backside filling 25l drums up everynight but better that than falling off a ladder ;D

darren......

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 09:48:08 pm »
Hi Spannerhead - I also worked with young people - I think you should only do that for so long or you go mad :)
For what it's worth i don't collect at all - the post thing works for me too.
If you are new, it's a perfect opportunity for getting a lot of things right first time.
I phone most of my customers a day or two before - it saves faffing around in the long run.
Don't know much about the portable wfp systems
Good Luck