Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Doug Holloway

Re: steempro discount
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 08:11:12 am »
Hi Guys,

I've always found this argument comparing the lowest priced distributor with the lowest priced cleaner a bit spurious

The distributor is supplying the same product which is then serviced from the Supplier so price is a direct comparison.

The CC  is supplying a range of products,i.e good carpet cleaning , bad carpet cleaning etc so the products are different and price comparisons much less valid.

It is important to buy well.

There are however other considerations and as I have previously mentioned  , I get significant referrals from both my printer and chemical distributor  , so loyalty does pay and if I pay slightly more , I gain much more than this with my referrals.

Cheers,

Doug

Len Gribble

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 08:38:25 am »
spindle2k

If you get no joy elsewhere and you are serious about buying one, send me an e-mail.

Len 
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John_Flynn

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 08:38:45 am »
Totally agree with you Doug but in this instance thought I would keep my Gob Shut !!

Everybody has got to make a living and REMEMBER suppiliers have higher overheads than us.
I get better looking each day!!

spindle

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2005, 04:14:03 pm »
wow     i opened a can of worms ;)

point taken doug

but if you are just about to start out wouldnt you compare prices with suppliers
to get the best deal for your bugdet??

p.s thanx for the link darren!! :)
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

therapist

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2005, 10:14:51 pm »
Understand what you're saying Spindle, but , by striking up a good relationship with your local suppliers, you will gain much over time.

This was really my point.

Your prospects, will often see no further, than the price you quote, and don't see you, as any different, from the expensive guy, or the cheep guy

The arguments about costing, will never go away

If I want to buy a Prochem product, I will go to the local dealer.

The only reason I would go elsewhere, would be  poor service, not to save a few pounds.

This is not blind loyalty...........it's an investment.........the local supplier is where I wll go for servicing / repairs / maybe even help.

Maybe that makes me a mug, or soft, but I will get their respect and attention, when I need it.

good luck

rob m

spindle

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 11:11:38 am »
i have taken onboard what you are saying................but if it was only for a few pounds i wouldnt bother........but we are talking about a few hundred pounds difference between buying from supplierA orB :o

i can see the need for a good working relationship with a regular supplier, of course that makes perfect buisness sense. :)
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 07:39:45 pm »
One of my local Jan suppliers passes me work and I’m not a big spender with him, probably equates to £20 to £30 quarterly, but will promote his company if some one wants something that he stocks or is an agent for that product

I’ve even cleaned his carpets at the going rate. :(

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

an3175

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 10:53:50 pm »
What you have got to remember is the back up service offered, it ok getting a good deal from a supplier at one end of the country but what happens if the machine breaks down within the first year of warranty, that’s why distributors have to retain some margin to do this work.