Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jdtpropertyservice

keeping motivated...
« on: February 10, 2010, 03:39:33 pm »
hey guys and gals maybe a realy silly question to some, but im struggling with motivation at the moment. ive been cleaning windows etc reach and wash for nearly 3 years now and always been motivated...is there anything anyone has to suggest that may give me a real kick up the rear end?? :-\ :-\

wezzy32

Re: keeping motivated...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 03:48:26 pm »
ye just think that wen the weather changes how busy u will b and dont forget u still have to pay bills ;D
keep on smiling

amayze

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 03:49:03 pm »
Not speaking from experience, but I hear getting a divorce helps, as you slowly start to lose half of everything ! LOL  ;D

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 03:52:01 pm »
Set yourself a daily target and tell someone like your wife or as in my case my 14 year old who helps with my accounts. Each day I come home he asks me if I have reached the target and if not why not.

I set my target higher than I thought I could comfortably do and the result was 2 weeks at better than target 3rd week on target and 4-5th week trying to find work to do because even after the winter we have had I am up to date.

Having some one monitor me has been good. I got in the practice while we had the bad weather of talking myself out of working because it was icy or snowing. Now I am in the habit of getting more done.

Anyway it worked for me.

jdtpropertyservice

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:56:02 pm »
thanks guys that sound like some good ideas...apreciated.

R W C™

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 04:07:12 pm »
Buy something new  ;D
I think building a business is best but once you got what you need and just doing the work it does become hard to get motivated.

stephen s

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 04:58:05 pm »
get a job in a factory for a couple of weeks,  you will soon miss window cleaning

ccmids

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 04:59:27 pm »
hey guys and gals maybe a realy silly question to some, but im struggling with motivation at the moment. ive been cleaning windows etc reach and wash for nearly 3 years now and always been motivated...is there anything anyone has to suggest that may give me a real kick up the rear end?? :-\ :-\

what i do is try and set an amount of money to earn in 1 day ,or think of what you would like to buy for yourself .

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 07:00:51 pm »
 Use ladders for a bit. You`ll soon get your motivation back with your wfp.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dai

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 07:42:34 pm »
Go on line and check your bank statement.

gewindows

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 07:57:07 pm »
Thinking of the boys on the ladders today motivated me.

I wouldnt have wanted to hack this weather up a ladder. On a pole it might be trying in this weather but it isnt agonisng.

JWC

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 08:24:16 pm »
Go into the job centre have a look round at the job and money and that would motivate you.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 08:38:22 pm »
get a job in a factory for a couple of weeks,  you will soon miss window cleaning
This is the best thing you could read if you need motivating,get a job as a postman for £260 a week if you fancy it.

martinsadie

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 08:41:18 pm »
This is the best thing you could read if you need motivating,get a job as a postman for £260 a week if you fancy it.
in other words stop whinging and get on with it

karygate

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 07:05:22 am »
i know thats you jadan just get off that sofa in dordon or we will tell yer mum.
gary

Londoner

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 07:19:44 am »
Motivation is always a problem in this game for a number of reasons, we all get pee-ed off at times. The cold doesn't help.
Recognising that its normal helps to understand why you get like this sometimes.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 03:16:58 pm »
motivation is not a problem for me at the moment as i had enough time off around xmas due to weather. ::)ive only got 2 days work to get through before im straight up at last! ;D ;D

its been a strange 6-7 weeks with all the severe weather and the stop/start work but im finally getting there now!

im off to paris next weekend so hopefully ill work tommorrow and saturday.have sunday off and work mon/tue/wed then take 5 days off and relax!

booking a holiday or buying some new equipment usually works for me.
also nearly all my prices are going up from next month so that gives me even more motivation!im also picking up the odd new job here and there so that helps!

when i come back from paris ill be well motivated as i need to get 3grand together by the end of july for my new van! ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 05:13:11 pm »
yeh its a real bummer mate but just think when the nicer weather apears thing will be different money is always a good motivator and canvassing aswell mate get some custies sorted