Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jack Wallace

Re: Anyone use George? What would make it better?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 07:35:25 am »
george doesnt work on a palm pre

Thanks GLR,glad you told me that one, not looked into that yet.  I heard there was one phone that worked with it, do you know which one it is ?
Palm Centro, its a great phone but outdated now.
Its a pity George wont work on anything else or even the new Palm operating system. I have stopped using it as a result asI now have a Blackberry.

Jack are you using any W/C software on your Blackberry
No I have reverted back to a paper printout from George, (talk about going backwards, I hate it)
I loved my Centro and found it so handy having my debt list with me 24/7, its surprising how often I meet custys in the street and am able to remind them what they owe. Also it made working so much easier. But unfortunately George seems to have stalled and wont develop for new  Palm.
I got rid of my Centro as it is an old design and is just too outdated,
For the time being I am sticking with George until a better option comes along, I have looked at WCP but can’t see it does so much more than George and it is restricted to windows mobile which is as much use as a chocolate fire guard, so for that reason  can’t see any benefit of paying 5 or 6 times the price.
Maybe one day one or the other will develop their software to run on popular operating software such as Blackberry or Iphone, then I think the mobile side will really take off.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 08:38:40 am »
I think what you see is what you get with george, If I remember rightly george has been taken as far as it can go.

It's still being updated quite regularly - the recent update added some very useful features - the main one for me is drag and drop job dates etc.

Yes I agree this would be a lot easier and the other one is the round order in the main page drop n drag would be better rather than having to go out and find the job then back in to see if it has changed!

john tomkins

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 08:50:09 am »
I'd like the option to scroll through dates when looking at "period summary" in "reports".
When I want to look at a certain days customers done/payments list, I click "reports" then "period summary" then input the day I want to look at, only option then is to close and go to  "period summary" again and input date again, even is i want to look at the next days. Would be very nice just to scroll through all the dates.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 07:21:36 pm »
I'd like the option to scroll through dates when looking at "period summary" in "reports".
When I want to look at a certain days customers done/payments list, I click "reports" then "period summary" then input the day I want to look at, only option then is to close and go to  "period summary" again and input date again, even is i want to look at the next days. Would be very nice just to scroll through all the dates.

Yea with you on that one.  Not paperless yet, as still keep the daily print out filed so I can see this sort of report.  Would be good to see a daily history in the form of a diary
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

pureh20

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 08:12:25 pm »
   "Anyone use George? What would make it better?- WCP!  ;D

Seriously, I looked at george and found it awful.

WCP was so easy to get to grips with, and there are loads of features.. and they are all easily found, unlike george.

Just my preference!

eclipse

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 08:20:02 pm »
I would love it if george would be compatible with Apple iphone i could do away with my PDA then

rg1

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 08:24:44 pm »
I would love it if george would be compatible with Apple iphone i could do away with my PDA then

At the moment there are several different operating systems being used by  smartphone manufacturers and until one of them becomes the front runner, I can't see George being changed.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 08:33:20 pm »
I see the VHS and Beta Max war starting again  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

traps7

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 08:45:02 pm »
Daily total on george palm would be of great use
marcus
look at your stats at the top of your pda.

it shows it all there.

oppppssss i never seen that ;) ;) ;)dontttttt

OMG! I always wanted that and I've been using Pocket George a couple of years now. I never knew that was there. How longs that been there?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 07:26:50 pm »

George team always seems to repond to questions really fast on email. 

Wonder if they come on here to answer any of our Q's on thi s thread?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 08:00:18 pm »
Daily total on george palm would be of great use
marcus
look at your stats at the top of your pda.

it shows it all there.

oppppssss i never seen that ;) ;) ;)dontttttt

OMG! I always wanted that and I've been using Pocket George a couple of years now. I never knew that was there. How longs that been there?
well ive had it 3 years,it been there that long