Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JamesTurnbull

Buying a round for the first time!!!!!! Help Needed!
« on: January 23, 2010, 11:04:01 pm »
hi all,

I came across a round for sale the other day in my area, and was very intrested,
The cost is £1200 for £440,

The lad drove me round the area and show me where he did and the prices seem quite good for what it is.

If i am going to buy the round what is the best steps to take.

Should i write up a contract?
How do i know it that he is been truthful?
Should the guy do the first clean with me for free?
Should i go and meet all the customer firsrt before i hand over the money.

Can anyone give me some advice in the best way to go about things

Moderator David@stives

Re: Buying a round for the first time!!!!!! Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 11:16:49 pm »
I did a couple of days with the guy i bought the round off, we split the money 50;50

when i was happy i paid the guy

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:28:23 pm »
From experience I would agree with Dave, work the round with him at least once for 50:50 and meet as many as the customers as possible. Unless it is some one you know really well.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 11:29:05 pm »
Agree a deal subject to:

He introduces you to every single custy - telling you in front of them the price and frequency - and points out any pitfalls (gates locked, bonzo the cute little rottweiler, bad payers etc) - you only pay for those that agree to you cleaning. You and he handout a flyer outlining that you are taking over and give it to every custy or put through the door of the odd few that won't be home when you call.

Any that "drop off" you don't have to pay for (as long as you turn up at the agreed schedule).

Try to pay in three instalments - say £400 after the intro, £400 after a month and the balance adjusted for drop off's at the end of the second clean.

Put it in writing and both sign.

That is the ideal situation and you might find you have to give a bit, but only do so if you feel right.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 11:37:27 pm »
Always, always always ask yourself why is the guy selling...
£400 of work?
If you got some leaflets together and canvassed hard in the early evenings you could generate that level of work fairly soon.
But if you have a good feeling for what he shows you I would follow Gold's advice. Put it in writing and pay in installments. If he is genuine he wil be ok with that.

Oh and find out where he lives too. If he won't show you that then walk away

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 08:02:18 am »
If you only going to see a reasonable sized sample of the work, YOU decide which jobs to see.

JamesTurnbull

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 01:03:01 pm »
Thank so much for your help,

I will try and get the a document made up so we can both sign.
Does any one have a document like this ??
 :)

niceandclean

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 01:18:03 pm »
Agree a deal subject to:

He introduces you to every single custy - telling you in front of them the price and frequency - and points out any pitfalls (gates locked, bonzo the cute little rottweiler, bad payers etc) - you only pay for those that agree to you cleaning. You and he handout a flyer outlining that you are taking over and give it to every custy or put through the door of the odd few that won't be home when you call.

Any that "drop off" you don't have to pay for (as long as you turn up at the agreed schedule).

Try to pay in three instalments - say £400 after the intro, £400 after a month and the balance adjusted for drop off's at the end of the second clean.

Put it in writing and both sign.

That is the ideal situation and you might find you have to give a bit, but only do so if you feel right.

This is how i have recently bought a round, if the guy is legit then he will be more than happy to do this. I bought £4k last year and took 4 weekends to meet around 80% of the customers, but it gives you piece of mind. The other ones i didnt meet had a letter and card through the door saying we had taken over and to contact us. All worked out well and had no problems, had a few drop out, but thats the way it goes.