Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Platinum

New To Contract Cleaning
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:38:43 pm »
Just wondering whats the best route into commercial contract cleaning?

Is it best to get contract leads over the phone or by tender issues?

Thanks for reading

Danny

Pristine Clean

Re: New To Contract Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 06:56:32 am »
Hi Dan

Are you in cleaning all ready for the commmercial sector?

Are you on your own, or do yopu have staff...

What type of cleaning are you looking for? Office cleaning, Jet washing the list is endless.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

cml

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 07:42:25 am »
Hi there both methods are a good sources and may have different outsomes.

For instance telephone leads can get you in the doors to pitch for sales and may have a more instant response and turnaround time.  Whilst the tendering process tends is a  longer turnaround, consumes time on preparation and quotes etc., can be complex if taking over existing contracts and a hit and miss strategy but worth it if successful.

Refer to Dave's post above.  If you are not already cleaning or cleaning in the commercial sector you need to establish what type of service you are going to offer as there are many. 

Platinum

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 08:13:59 am »
Thanks for your replys

Im in window cleaning but just speculating on going into contract cleaning.

Id be looking for commercial office cleaning, showroom cleaning, carpet cleaning and domestic cleaning. I know some of them require money to start up but money wont be a problem.

I will have staff to do the cleaning as im also in construction but its slow at the minute so i would need my cleaning business to run itself in a way so i coukld manage both.
What really appeals to me is that the weather wont effect much of my work.

How long would it take to establish a good portfolio of work?

cml

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 01:54:00 pm »
Hi Danny, looking at your portfolio of services I just wondered whether you intended to run a commercial service alongside a Domestic one.  Or when you refer to domestic do you mean properties let by a commercial business like an estate agent. 

Sorry if I appear dumb at the moment a lot on ones mind.

As for the length of gathering a portfolio this depends on how successful you are at securing contracts, the size and durations.  What plans do you have to drive the business forward to establish a database of contacts?