Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gordons

Ladders
« on: June 17, 2005, 02:55:44 pm »
can nyone tell me how slippery ladders become in the rain, are wooden ones just as slippery as metal ones and do anti slip sole shoes and ladder ones work well in the rain

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: Ladders
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 04:08:57 pm »
i would have thought that wooden are slippery than ally, have you thought about going wfp then you wont have to worry about ladders in the rain
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 05:02:59 pm »
I have anti-slip articulated feet fitted to my ladders but i would still be very careful if the path was green.

Paul

s.hughes

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 09:40:24 pm »
I was always told that the best thing on moss or other slippery surfaces was to put an old bit of scrim on the floor and put your ladder on that. I dont know if it works but a couple of w/c swore by it. I use a ladder stopper but even with that it can slip and that is h&s approved.

Steveyboy

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 09:44:22 pm »
For difficult windows; the Rojack Ladder Stopper is excellent.  £30 plus vat and postage.

It fits in your bucket (sort of) and is ideal (if not better) when a 'foot' isn't available.

Dominic

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 10:17:00 pm »
I've got a great tip for the rungs of your ladder. SKATEBOARD GRIP TAPE. Get it from any skate shop, cut it into strips and stick to your rungs. It certainly makes you feel safer in the wet and even in the dry. I even put it on my partners pointer for doing the bottoms and it makes her feel more confident.

cheers

Dom