Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

howardcleaners

Hi again just thought that you may be interested to know I have had free advertising in the local newspaper on the radio and maybe on spotlight tv, as i have been forced to use a bike and trailer in order to keep working as we have just got the new blue devils NCP wardens who have with the local council have decided window cleaners do not even have the right to unload there ladders and bucket and will be ticketed as soon as they stop, so i have with the help of this site a warden untouchable ticket free life.

which is fine on the flat areas and it saves on fuel and gets me loads of new customers as i go slow at the moment and stand out with all the backed up traffic.

So be warned these blue devils will be heading your way soon there a modern day highway robbers.

thanks wayne

Torbay

gaza

I love these wardens cus I wind down my window and shout GET A PROPER JOB.

We also have council workers who ride around on quad bike spraying weedkiller ,wearing white all in one boiler suits,I shout out who you going to call .............. GHOSTBUSTERS.

tickles me anyway. makes a change from missed a bit ,portholes etc etc thown at us w/c

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Grafters Cleaning Services

good on yer wayne, would be good to see a photo of your bike and trailer though!
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Mike_G

Where are these devil's operating Wayne?

Ian_Giles

I've posted a reply on here somewhere about how I used to use mountain bikes kitted out with sidecars I made for them (kinda based on the ones used on motorbike scramblers....or is it on the trial bikes?...trial bikes maybe..
Worked great too and really looked the part, wish I could find some old photos :-\

Why oh why are we always lumbered with idiots who run councils or local authorities? Ok, you can't expect to be allowed to park all over a town centre in the middle of the day, but leeway should be given where it can to those who operate local services (not just us window cleaners).
A busy tourist town like Torquay is going to be difficult in the summer months, bet it isn't in the winter though?
Are you allowed to go into the pedestrian areas along with the busses in the town centre?
What happens if you are a window cleaner with a WFP?

I do many windows in my own town centre, but I always get out really early in the morning and do all of those in the areas that wouldn't really be acceptable much after 8am.
Presumably you must operate in a similar fashion, and then get hammered when  the wardens come on duty?
If it was just about keeping the traffic moving and not causing dangerous obstructions you could accept it, but it is also about making money, screwing the motorist, and it's that bit I find unpalletable.

And don't you just love it when someone grins at you, points his finger at the window and says, 'you've missed a bit'.
Or; You're going to make it rain now. >:( I've told some that it's the first time I've heard that....today :( THey walk of grumping, 'Huh, was only having a bit of fun'....
Muppets ;D

Regards

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

irjones

I hope you can find any photos of your bike and trailer as I would like to see how you did it Ian as I am still considering this till I get a van.
Many thanks Iain

P.S Ian it was a reply to my thread on trailers  :D  Iain
ir jones

howardcleaners

email me at torbaycleaners@msn.com

for a picture,  made it on spot light last night the new wardens are well ped off but they are already over the top so they can't be any harder on me than they aready are.

wayne