Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cybersye

anyone use snow chains ?
« on: January 09, 2010, 11:19:26 pm »
has got me considering it after I saw a 24 hr call out plumber and boiler engineer drive past with a full set on his van.
I hav'nt been working at all since before xmas in this weather not just because of the associated problems with using wfp but because only the major roads have any grit and much of my round is on hills that are unpassable by all but the brave or damn right stupid. This is the main reason my van remains grounded until the weather improves as even the most simple things like getting in and out of my dead end road and parallel parking have kept me home.
Simon

wizard

Re: anyone use snow chains ?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 06:29:53 am »
Gppd odea saw some on e bay for a transet connect 20 pound a good investment I would say.did not seen difficult to fit.

cybersye

Re: anyone use snow chains ?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 09:48:51 am »
yes seems to be plenty on ebay, would be just my luck though that I go order some and they arrive once everythings thawed (hav'nt seen a single courier delivery or post in my road for days  ::))

Still if I can get some cheap enough they are probably worth the piece of mind, I shant be caught short again, once things get warmer the vans getting insulated/pipes lagged etc. permanantly