Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: 300 before Christmas challenge
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 05:55:15 pm »
He was going to give weekly, if not daily updates on his progress.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 08:04:13 pm »
He was going to give weekly, if not daily updates on his progress.

Who was?
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

irish marty

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2009, 01:02:05 am »
RO-Sheen, you are very much off the mark buddy. We started up in business in 1991 and run a contract cleaning business taking care of night clubs, a private school and various other smaller places in their day to day cleaning, shampoo plenty of carpets and have plenty of domestic and commercial customers on our window cleaning books.

This is aimed at obviously increasing the window cleaning side to an even higher level and to see if I can canvass what would amount to a small round in the time given.
good luck to u mate im goimng to do the same put if i get 100 i be very happy keet at it marty
Slumpbuster, whilst I appreciate your imput and opinion to say something is totally impossible and dismiss it out of hand so easily is very short sighted in my opinion. Maybe it will be hard, maybe there'll be the occasional night when I can't be arsed to go back out after a hard day ( we start work at 5am mornings :'( ) but if it's at all possible I'll do it ........................ and then have to employ another fella to help clean them I guess ;D ;D ;D

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2009, 07:37:30 am »
it will be a nice try best time to knock doors is in feb time custies are finking of xmas now keep us updated mate 

prestigeclean

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2009, 06:38:47 pm »
my canvasser has just been round , he picked up 25 new jobs this week , average price £18.50 , happy days regards alan

krave

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2009, 07:23:15 pm »
Who is your canvasser? Is it a cpmpany or privately ermployed? If the latter can I ask what his pay scheme is, commision only, hourly ?

Understand if you dont want to answer, but was thinking of a canvasser myself.

stfc

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2009, 07:29:40 pm »
ive been thinking of a canverser for ages now and still unsure because i dont know if your only allowed to pay commision,but dont quote me

Sean Dyer

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2009, 08:09:07 pm »
my canvasser has just been round , he picked up 25 new jobs this week , average price £18.50 , happy days regards alan

I wish i could find a guy like yours alan

i have pulled so many sales man and give them a job offer, none taken it up no matter how much they could earn]
It does my head in

Its really holding me back i think, i can only really canvass weekends and its not enough

windymiller

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2009, 08:11:35 pm »
Has anybody heard how mls is going on picking up these new custies or has he disappeared?

colley614

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2009, 08:03:07 am »

I bet he's doing that well he hasn't got time to talk to us guys anymore!

I've picked about 31 new customers in the last month. Maybe a couple more.  ;D

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2009, 10:14:15 am »
I've not vanished, I've been busy.

Things are going just fine thank you. With a mixture of door to door canvassing and badgering every shop, pub, etc I pass with dirty windows I've picked up:

The Mortgage Shop
Hoppys Sports Shop
Noah's Ark Childcare Centres ( there's four of them, but in fairness I had thre already so didn't need to canvass the fourth )
The Complex Pub
Wow ( a small shop )
41 domestic customers ranging from small 3 bed houses to even smaller 1 bed flats  ;)
A surprising amount of carpet cleaning work ( but I've not counted them as they're usually one off's.

So, not too bad. The domestic work is like a lot of our other domestic work, small and very, very compact; three moves of the van a day compact, all on the same estate. Individually they're not worth a lot, £6/7 each but when you consider that it's easy enough to be cleaning 6/8 per hour, all day, by myself, they're definately worth having on the books.

The challenge goes on and I'll try to be on here updating more regularly ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2009, 11:35:10 am »
nice one pal, im nowhere near you i dont think?

quoting a huge golf club, leiusure facility, hotel all in one this week though and should have a good chance of getting it, so im happy !

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2009, 12:25:50 pm »
Their should be a thread called, the boasters, look what I have got  thread.  ;D

Only joking guys

trees

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2009, 07:04:39 pm »
I've not vanished, I've been busy.

Things are going just fine thank you. With a mixture of door to door canvassing and badgering every shop, pub, etc I pass with dirty windows I've picked up:

The Mortgage Shop
Hoppys Sports Shop
Noah's Ark Childcare Centres ( there's four of them, but in fairness I had thre already so didn't need to canvass the fourth )
The Complex Pub
Wow ( a small shop )
41 domestic customers ranging from small 3 bed houses to even smaller 1 bed flats  ;)
A surprising amount of carpet cleaning work ( but I've not counted them as they're usually one off's.

So, not too bad. The domestic work is like a lot of our other domestic work, small and very, very compact; three moves of the van a day compact, all on the same estate. Individually they're not worth a lot, £6/7 each but when you consider that it's easy enough to be cleaning 6/8 per hour, all day, by myself, they're definately worth having on the books.

The challenge goes on and I'll try to be on here updating more regularly ;D

i coulldbeat that but i dont want to boast lol

mrdave3000

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2009, 10:47:03 pm »
Well?

How did you get on with your self set challenge?  :)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2009, 08:41:55 am »
It wasnt initially mine but i said i would give him a bit of competition,

to be honest i probably losy big time i havent got much canvassing done at all, my goal for the new year is £75 of new residential work every week, and around £150 a month commercial i have someone part time on the phones for me so it is possible as one job could easily cover a few months worth
and the residential is easily done in a couple of evenings

by the end of 2010 it should see my nicely approaching vat limit leaving me a few choices for 2011, whether to go over it or take some diferent avenues....

be interesting to know how mlscontractor got on and any of you who have a goal for 2010 stick it on here and keep everyone up dated, might aid motivation???

have  a nice day everyone