Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alboy

stop the water frezing?
« on: December 20, 2009, 03:53:12 pm »
whats the best best stuff to buy to put in the pure water to stop it freezing and where do you buy it from and how much cheers?

1wayno

Re: stop the water frezing?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 03:54:17 pm »
i wunt of thought u cud put anythin in pure water without it makin it unpure,jus wrap ur tank up in a duvet or sumot

pingu

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 03:59:17 pm »

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 04:02:49 pm »
Only tip I can give is do not fill van tank full or it can split it if water freezes.
Drain pumps of water, anyone that does not know how, take off connection from tank to pump (make sure you turn tank tap off first), then take off feed to hose and turn on pump for about 10 seconds on full flow job done. do not reconnect when very cold allow water to move freely out of pump if it wants as there will still be water in there  or it will find a way out itself, another tip ios leave taps if you have them on hose reels to allow water out or it could pop your hose in a place you cant normally see.

Have fun
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ccmids

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 09:00:06 pm »
i wunt of thought u cud put anythin in pure water without it makin it unpure,jus wrap ur tank up in a duvet or sumot

i would not trust anything added to the water, might leave smears .

jimboo

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 09:06:13 pm »
put a mini oil filled rad in van at lowest setting....cheap to run
 and keeps everything nice and snug ;)

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 08:02:19 am »
Only tip I can give is do not fill van tank full or it can split it if water freezes.
Drain pumps of water, anyone that does not know how, take off connection from tank to pump (make sure you turn tank tap off first), then take off feed to hose and turn on pump for about 10 seconds on full flow job done. do not reconnect when very cold allow water to move freely out of pump if it wants as there will still be water in there  or it will find a way out itself, another tip ios leave taps if you have them on hose reels to allow water out or it could pop your hose in a place you cant normally see.

Have fun

Although I never implemented it, I have toyed with the idea of having connectors close to either side of the pump so that the pump can easily be removed.  I have half inch hose jubilee clipped to plastic barb fittings either side of the pump.  So a female hoselock on the feed pipe and drain pipe and also on short bits of hose leading to and from the pump.  These to be joined by a double male fittings.  At night, you could just pop off the hoselocks nearest to the pump , drain the main pipes, and take the pump inside.  It would save messing around with the jubilee clips all the time.  The down side is potential leakage while working.  Of course, such a setup would only need be used in the worst of the winter.  It could be back to jubilee clips once the worst had passed.

JSMC

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 08:30:07 am »
i need a little tap connector froom tank elbow to hose. who sells these? sure the hose is 13mm ID