Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MWCS

Business Bank Account.
« on: June 15, 2005, 05:34:33 pm »
I've got an appointment tomorrow with my bank about opening a Business account and a chat about what my plans are for the future.
Does anyone else use a business account?
Whats the difference between a standard account and a business one? (Besides all the charges!!!)   

Cheers

Matt

petski2

Re: Business Bank Account.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 05:41:14 pm »
Hi MWCS I have business account with Abbey.Totally free unless you go over a certain amount of cheques paid in per month. :)

s.hughes

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 05:42:16 pm »
You hit the nail on the head. Yes its the charges that make the difference. I dont use one because of that.

Steveyboy

MWCS

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 06:00:06 pm »
The first 18 months are free from all charges with Barclays. I only want it so when my commercial work pay me they can make the cheques payable to MW Cleaning Services, looks a bit more professional. And hopefuly the overdraft will cover my WFP  ;D  ;D

baldeagle

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 06:13:31 pm »
Lloyds TSB don't charge me - the moment they mention introducing charges, I'll mention introducing a kick in their nuts!
Baldeagle,
Maintainer of "Environmental Awareness Panels", in Staffordshire.
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 06:40:58 pm »
I only want it so when my commercial work pay me they can make the cheques payable to MW Cleaning Services, looks a bit more professional.

Remember,

By the time it gets to this stage; i.e, you're invoicing them for work done; you've got the contract!

I do agree though, it'll add a bit of extra status to your business and the bank charges will be tax deductable.

sair

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 07:12:20 pm »
been with barclays for twenty years .. old rates good , NEW rates appaling

try Abbey buisness(no charges ) even though dont like abbey

co op buisness bank if you are oganized and keep few thousand in there its completly free
Essentially Pure Ltd

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 08:16:40 pm »
Have two current accounts with The Halifax use one for private and one for bussiness NO CHARGES at ALL, (unless you go over your limmit)
great on line service move money from one to the other in an instant
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

s.hughes

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 09:02:48 pm »
All my invoices look pro. At the bottom of each one I just say' please make cheque payable to such and such'
All the companies do this for me and they have said that it is never a problem. In fact I dont even mention this until I have to contract and like Chepstow mentions that by this time it dont matter.

Steveyboy

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 09:15:53 pm »
royal bank of scotland . and thats tied in with the halifax currently no charges
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 11:10:34 pm »
The big banks all make charges against you, you may get a free account for a while, but they charge you in the end, a charge to pay in, a charge to withdraw, a percentage of the cash, a charge per cheque, and lets not forget the managment charge either >:( I utterly detest the way the banks hammer us >:(
I cancelled my business acount a few years ago, I just use my private one, completely free and a free £200 overdraft too, ok that isn't very big, but its there if I make a mistake and slip into the red! :o
If  they turn around and tell me they think I need a business account, or rather INSIST' I need one then I'll sod off to the Halifax or Abbey ;)

The banks know bugger all about 'your' business, they are just number crunchers, they don't really understand 'business' they just understand money.
They are not businessmen, they have no real experience of business, they just learn it on 'courses'

I have cleaned the inside of a bank, and, just like the household staff of old, they forget you are there.
I was listening to them talk about pushing their own stuff to the exclusion of all else.
Try and get a business loan from them, see if you can wriggle out of the 'loan insurance'. It's a commision based thing, also supposed to be optional.
Take it out and try and meet the conditions to actually claim on it!

Nope, sorry, I hate and despise the banks, I loathe them, they make billions and billions of £££ in profit between them every year, go a penny over your limit and its 20 odd quid or more for the computer generated letter that is sent to you.....putting you further overdrawn!! and you top up their profits even more >:(

Do I sound all bitter and twisted? I'm not, I just hate banks!!

Regards.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

s.hughes

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 08:51:36 am »
Hi Ian
Yup I agree with ya. It brings to mind that advert about 'the new bank' only free for 'new customers only'. They charge you to withdraw so that they can have a bit of bubbly at the share holders meeting.

Steveyboy

CraigF

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 03:38:48 pm »
royal bank of scotland . and thats tied in with the halifax currently no charges

I thought It was the Bank of Scotland, not the Royal bank of Scotland, that had joined up with Halifax?

dustycorner

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 08:48:53 pm »
royal bank of scotland is linked to nat west group

dai

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 09:38:43 pm »
I have two accounts with HSBC. Use one for business. I had a business account to start with, but when they started charging  I went to see them. I told them that I was closing the account, and that I would just open an ordinary account at another bank and use that for business. They listened and opened a number two account for me. I have not paid any charges since and that was 13 years ago. Don't let them bully you. Plenty of banks out there that want your money. Dai.