Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

anyone done this?  im thinking of cutting round hole out of van floor and running an exhaust through floor to expel fumes. will this void my insurance as its modifying the van? also is there anything i can wrap around the red hot metal exhaust so nothing can melt if it touches it (including my fingers?)

BDCS

Re: thinking of cutting hole out of van floor to expel fumes via pipe??
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 11:20:24 pm »
DS I've got my jetter exhaust running straight out through the floor and you cover it in a white fibrous wrap that you can get from motor sport dealers like demon tweeks etc. Search past post as its already been mentioned

drive surgeon

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 06:47:57 pm »
is it ok to just get drill out and start cutting a hole in the van floor or will it void my van insurance as a modification?  i need to sort it out. also my hoselock connectors are dripping all the time even with new rubber washers on.?

drive surgeon

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:52:09 pm »
also because the exhaust gets red hot is it likely to cause any problems as im cutting through hardboard van floor and then the metal floor itself?  ::)

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 07:56:31 pm »
DS you will need to tell your insurance that you have fixed plant in the van as it changes the risk - ie more likely to be nicked.
Drill a 3mm hole to ensure you will only get the floor and not a structural member, poke a piece of wire through to see where it comes out.
AS I said in the previous post if you get the wrap you can hold the pipe when the engines running. The wrap needs to go through the floor also to protect the floor board - I have a 45 hp blowing through the floor and thats fine.

drive surgeon

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 08:44:58 pm »
thanks bdcs thats great advice  :) will let you know how i get on.

drive surgeon

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 09:56:53 pm »
there is some of that tape on ebay. im drilling the hole in the morning and i have the metal flexi tubing . hope it works ok  :-X