Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

Re: we,re screwed whatever method we use!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 07:28:39 pm »
I've got siatic nerve problems. I'm sure it was caused by the backpack on a job last month.

Its horrific :(
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Window Washers

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 08:07:16 pm »
Not all of us are screwed some of us are made of tougher stuff   ;)
tell me this in a few more years ;D

Ian

p.s I work through pain, I would class that is being tough enough  ;) just gets very annoying   ::)

Maybe that's the root of your problem Ian, perhaps you should listen to your body?

Window Washers

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 08:10:16 pm »
Not all of us are screwed some of us are made of tougher stuff   ;)
tell me this in a few more years ;D

Ian

p.s I work through pain, I would class that is being tough enough  ;) just gets very annoying   ::)

Maybe that's the root of your problem Ian, perhaps you should listen to your body?
I am trying Dave, I even took a few days off last week to try and rest, no such luck though.

Will be booked in sometime next week to be stapped prodded and twisted and clicked, see now that works
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 08:12:04 pm »
There is also an even lighter alternative to the SLX - Modular - either the S2 or fishing poles. The SLX is a brilliant pole but not as light as the fishing poles. Also changing your leading hand could help.

Platinum

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 08:32:32 pm »
all the talk of strained necks/shoulders/knees etc! ::) ::)

i dont think it matters what method of cleaning trad/wfp.window cleaning will get us in the end!! ::) ::)

im hoping wfp will be a bit easier and more profitable though after a few months.been trad 16 years and i do have a bit of a niggly right knee at times!does having the slx and using it as your main pole cut down a lot of the strain on shoulders/neck and arms??

regards

dazmond

Daz i know you want to just work on your own terms but you should start thinking of employing for when them knees give in  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 09:15:30 pm »
danny im gonna go wfp instead!im sure the ladder climbing is making my knee worse plus the climbing on roofs etc.defo not interested in employing!

i employ the exact opp of your attitude to work.i price new work higher on a longer clean frequency than try to cram in lots of cheap houses in a day!(i do still have lots of very compact work thats pretty cheap though!i call this my "bread and butter" work!!) ;) ;D ;D

by the time ive done 6 months wfp i reckon the extra work done would be like employing a lad but with no wages to pay!! ;) :D :D
price higher/work harder!

tom2009

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 09:36:25 pm »
Yep all dooooooooomed!!!
thats life though! NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE.........

Sean Dyer

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 06:14:15 pm »
I got that dean , still do a bit only not so much recently but ive been sleeping on the floor with it before now, it shoots right down your leg dont it and is right in bottom of your back its awful i dont know what started it for me but im glad its not flared up in a few months i just get the odd twinge, but i hope its not a sign of things to come in future years im only 22 lol