Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d.ward

Best Houses To Canvass?
« on: November 27, 2009, 03:32:29 pm »
Going out canvassing again from sat - fri to get as many new customers before xmas comes so im just considering estates to go around. What ive been thinking is new build housing estates seem to be easy targets for window cleaners so would just like to know what estates other wc see as having alot of potential cos il think there will be alot of competition on new builds.......

Re: Best Houses To Canvass?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 04:39:00 pm »
The new builds in my area are targeted straight away by a number of cleaners,they have their own little battle i am sure.
I try to stick to specific targets,that way i know i am increasing my rounds with work that i want.It may take me longer but the quality of work coming through is what i want.I tend to stick to outlying areas,not so much villages,kind of small pockets of quality properties.I have found that a lot of wc's steer well away from these,probably because they are not concentrated enough in one area.

wfp master

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 04:48:48 pm »
ones with windows ;D

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 05:04:57 pm »
One's without window cleaners ;D

If I knew how to identify those how rich would I be? ::) ::)

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 05:08:08 pm »
One's without window cleaners ;D

If I knew how to identify those how rich would I be? ::) ::)

Look for houses with dirty windows maybe?

;D

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 05:53:30 pm »
I've had a decent return by canvassing the more traditional council estates, I find I can get round them fairly quickly as well. But it's all down to luck and how many cleaners work in that area.

Good luck

d.ward

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 05:59:45 pm »
Cheers...
My turnover a month is around £1500 so im hoping to get to £2000 by march..

What turnover should i aim for to have a good round?

Martin ccs

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 06:02:18 pm »
Cheers...
My turnover a month is around £1500 so im hoping to get to £2000 by march..

What turnover should i aim for to have a good round?

3k a month is a good solid figure which will help you be able to put more back into the business and make it grow and grow - thats what i found anyway.

geefree

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 06:11:21 pm »
I decided from the very start,

i would only canvass, semi detached .....the larger the better... and detached houses..... in good areas, where they can understand that bills have to be paid, and know what a cheque book looks like.

i know too many lads running up and down a rough council estate trying to collect the money in.....

Hope this helps. ;D

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 06:16:45 pm »

i would only canvass, semi detached .....the larger the better... and detached houses..... in good areas, where they can understand that bills have to be paid, and know what a cheque book looks like.

i know too many lads running up and down a rough council estate trying to collect the money in.....

Hope this helps. ;D
;D ;)

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 09:48:48 pm »

Hope this helps. ;D
i was thinking about this today
5 decent sized houses at £20.00 ago is better than 20 houses at £5.00 ago and yes they pay faster
bob