Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ken

Selling work
« on: October 15, 2003, 02:26:42 am »
I've got a couple of blocks of work that I want to move on. Although they are good payers they are a bit of a drive and I seem to be picking up a lot of work closer to home. The question is: what's the best way of selling them? I don't want to show someone the round (with prices etc) only to have them canvas it out from underneath me. Also I reckon given the quality of the work it's worth at least twice the monthly value. Is that fair?

Rick

Re: Selling work
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 02:46:03 am »
sell it to someone you know. or sell it to someone you don't know, and if they just poach your work, then kick their ladders out from underneath them >:(

simonb

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 10:18:08 pm »
You show them the area and one representative price ie "I charge £10 for that one"
Then you get the cash in exchange for a complete list of names addresses and prices. You then go round and introduce.
The going rate round here is 3 times
Where are you?
Simon

Ken

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 12:32:47 am »
That sounds pretty reasonable! The work is in Chepstow (approx £550 pm) and in Cheltenham (£210). I'm actually based in Ross-on-Wye.

simonb

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 08:38:59 pm »
I'm in Bristol
You get about a bit!

steve_massey

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 11:32:50 pm »
In our area it's 2 and half times monthly clean. I've sold work and never had any trouble i might have been lucky.
what i did was drive to the end of streets and just tell them how many houses ther were down each street, Then if they was still intrested the next time i cleaned that area they could clean it with me and meet the customers. I got half the cash for round before I cleaned it with them and half after.

the 1 and only

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 10:48:44 am »
its a shame the work isnt near me id have snapped your hand off for the work

Ravensford

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 11:12:34 am »
This thread is over six years old!  ???