Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin ccs

wcw back pack - yes or no?
« on: November 16, 2009, 04:19:52 pm »
i was looking at this the other day and thought for £100 cant be bad, but i see alot of you guys are having small problems with this back pack and i was wondering if its a worth while purchase or not?

im sure not all of you have had probs - may they have just taken on some muppet who cant do his/her job

outdoor restore

Re: wcw back pack - yes or no?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:44:09 pm »
IMO probably the best £90 (I've had mine two years) I've spent on wfp.  If you get one first thing I would do is check the battery connections are tight.
I use mine for doing rears where it's simpler than using the van mount and on any property where I have to go through the house.
I have never worn it on my back, but find the top handle ideal to carry.
Downside is that there is only one speed on the pump, I have fitted a bypass back to the tank so I can regulate the water flow a bit better.

Wickerman

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 04:52:31 pm »
Martin,
I bought my WCW pack on the advise of Mr Outdoor Restore here and like him I never wear it on my back. I use a sacktruck I bought from Aldi (£22) which carries 2x25 drums and the backpack sits on top. Hey presto a 65 litre trolley system. Also very true about battery connections.
Your skin's waterproof so get out there and work!!

Dean Taberner

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 05:02:18 pm »
Cant go wrong at that price,

I bought a shurflo backpack off here a few weeks back for £75 and its a superb investment.

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

tacky

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 08:33:44 pm »
good investment

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 08:38:08 pm »
The Battery connections need tightening up and carry a spare fuse (spare battery would be handy if your forgetfull like me)

I ran my business for the frist 6 months out of a backpack and upgraded to a van system. The backpack is still used and id never get rid of it

I dont wear it on me back either

£100 well spent
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

wizard

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 10:08:59 pm »
Tghe wcw back pack s good the problem is the company does not prep them before sale. The only other thing is ther si no flo controll.Some say work faster to match the speed of the pump.I made a by pass inside the pump box witha Y fitting to split flow and fitted a ball velve and brilled a hole through the molding nipple at the bottom of the tank and my by pass is fed back into the tank ,therfore saving me water .It work well.at this its beter than a sureflow.

chopsie

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 10:14:09 pm »
they come with a tap on now,so up to a point(when the pump cuts out) you can turn the flow down
chopsie

wizard

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 10:19:16 pm »
You are right chopsy but that way you strain the pump and reduce the life of the pumpmad pushing up internal pressure untill it cuts out.

chopsie

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 10:26:24 pm »
oh,i was under the impression from what i had read on here that it wouldn't hurt the pump   :-\
chopsie

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 06:12:40 am »
i was looking at this the other day and thought for £100 cant be bad, but i see alot of you guys are having small problems with this back pack and i was wondering if its a worth while purchase or not?

im sure not all of you have had probs - may they have just taken on some muppet who cant do his/her job

I personally have had no problems with this backpack.  I'm happy with it.
N.B.  I only use it as an occasional back-up device when getting hose to a job (or part of) is impractical.

Richard 01903

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 09:20:17 am »
Hi can some one tell me where I can get one of these backpack for that price.I need one for this week end!!
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

NJ Services

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 09:41:32 am »
i was just looking at this backpack and wondering what other equipment i needed to get it going such as poles and that? as i am comlletely new to this would need some advice. just a list of stuff id need to buy with it so i could go out and clean windows with it. cheers

TonyD

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 09:45:06 am »
Martin,
I bought my WCW pack on the advise of Mr Outdoor Restore here and like him I never wear it on my back. I use a sacktruck I bought from Aldi (£22) which carries 2x25 drums and the backpack sits on top. Hey presto a 65 litre trolley system. Also very true about battery connections.

Is this hard to do ?  I've never seen the backpack, but I'm thinking by looking at how it works I should be able to figure out how to do what you've done ??