Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Who knows about this ???????
« on: November 16, 2009, 07:17:15 pm »
This is what I got on an email, and want to know the thoughts of others:

Read carefully and ensure your business is compliant.

If the information in this email comes as a surprise then imagine what the consequences of a unannounced inspection from the Health and Safety Executive could be. Total fines brought forward by HSE proceedings in 2007/2008 was £10,819,475. This figure does not include compensation to any persons affected.

Do you realise that if you are using any of the following products that you must have by law, task based CoSHH risk assessments and copies of their latest Safety Data Sheets? The regulation is called CoSHH and it applies to you regardless of number of employees.

•  Cleaning products, bleach, chlorine
•  Paints and thinners 
•  Lubricants, oil, fuel
•  Air freshener, hand wash, fairy liquid, soap
•  Marker pens, print cartridges, inks
•  Practically any product containing a chemical

Failure to carry out CoSHH risk assessments is illegal and can be punished with both business and personal fines including imprisonment under The Health and Safety Offences Act 2008 which came into force on Friday, 16 January 2009.

If you are interested in getting up-to-date and compliant with the UK's leading authority on task based CoSHH risk assessment, we can get you compliant starting today from only one pound a day. The process will take only a few minutes of your time speaking to one of our friendly operators who will talk you through how truly effective COSHH365 can be for your business.

In perspective our service can cost less each day than a decent cup of coffee. One pound a day to keep the Health and Safety Executive Inspector happy, keep your employees' safe and to avoid heavy fines and potential imprisonment. This is an introductory offer and is backed by our IRON CLAD 14 day complete refund protection* so there's no risk to your business whatsoever.

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

cozy

Re: Who knows about this ???????
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 07:21:11 pm »
Glad I'm here in Boxheadland ;D Seems to me that the UK needs rules and regulations to keep it's rules and regulations from breaking the rules and regulations. ::)

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 07:42:23 pm »
i have had to produce coshh risk assesments for using squegee off on one job, at first i thought they where just after the coshh sheet that all products have but they where after how i would manage the risks it was very easy to do but really a bit pointless for a chemical with so little risk i could understand this being needed for some chemicals ie bleach which can be dangerous if mixed with other chemicals but that is covered on my normal risk assessment, it looks like aswell as carrying out our normal risk assessments we will need to carry out further ones for each product we use. ??? ???
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 07:48:05 pm »
Ian, I would have a look at the H&S website.
I think the COSHH risk assessment is straight forward.
I cant see that you need a COSHH if you use hand soap!
Next they'll say you'll need one to fart, thats a chemical release  ;D ;D ;D
Its a CON Ian, there is nothing to stop you from filling out a COSHH assessment. and they want £30 per month each and every month. EFFING robbing gits.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

mci services

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:58:16 pm »
sounds like trying to scare monger businesses and gain business for themselves

do your own coshh etc

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 10:30:54 pm »
Glad I'm here in Boxheadland ;D Seems to me that the UK needs rules and regulations to keep it's rules and regulations from breaking the rules and regulations. ::)
Ha Ha, very funny, lol.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 10:36:11 pm »
So you have to do a risk assesment when you wash your hands?

Farting is more dangerous.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 10:46:46 pm »
Who ever you buy your chemicals from, including detergent/resin has a responsibility to issue you with a data sheet upon request, we E mail them aswell as give a hard copy, and you should carry these on your van.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 06:36:56 am »
I farted three times while reading this, am i in trouble becaue i didnt fill out a form ?

One stinks, so im going to have breakfast... cant stay here much longer
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 06:57:19 am »
On a more topic related note...

I used to be a porter at a psychiatric hospital (honest). Because there were no managers on at night we had to know about the paperwork and where it was kept.

As a business you do need to use cosh sheets, not for everything though. Just chemicals. Things like pens and printer ink need to be recycled, but you don't need a cosh sheet if doing this.

Things like hand soap and fairy don't need one as they are classed as household items. If it was the case, everyone in this country could be done for washing up and not providing a cosh sheet.

Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 09:51:34 am »
£365 per year to compile a COSHH summary, jeez I think I'm in the wrong game - if anyone wants one I only charge £350 per year!

trevor perry

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 10:29:19 am »
Who ever you buy your chemicals from, including detergent/resin has a responsibility to issue you with a data sheet upon request, we E mail them aswell as give a hard copy, and you should carry these on your van.
these are different than coshh sheets these are risk assessments to tackle the dangers outlined on th coshh sheets, i have only got asked for them on one job so far but you can bet it will soon snowball just like all health and safety legislation.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt