Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rogue Trader

errors on george
« on: November 06, 2009, 08:09:17 pm »
I am referring to a post fairly recently where someone (one of the mods i think) was saying that george has serious errors saying that customers owed money when they didnt , i have been worried about it ever since but dont think i have encountered this , though there is always the odd custie that owes and they swear they dont and i just put it down to my error ....... how confident are all of you george users ....... should i stick with it or go over to the dark (and expensive) side....

jouk45

Re: errors on george
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 08:28:29 pm »
make a print out, and take it with you on all jobs, when you collect payment ask them to sign it, keep  the print outs for your records,

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 08:30:52 pm »
Hi Matt I've been using George for a while now and I think there was a problem with one of their upgrades Luckily others updated before I did, and Paul had quickly sorted the problems, I updated to the latest last week and had no problems, I'm also now trialling WCP Thanks to Ian & Brads help in getting me up and running, it is more complicated than George but I've spent some time finding my way around it this evening and its definitely growing on me, the planned text features sound good too.      
Sussex by the sea

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:06:39 pm »
go to the dark side
 ;) :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;)

Rogue Trader

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 06:14:37 pm »
So no-one else has experienced any probs then?

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 06:41:31 pm »
whats the dark and expensive side, are there expensive software then as i thought there was only george, round tracker, wcp, pen paper, what else is there that does round management.

fergus77

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 08:40:26 pm »
never had a problem with it and used it for 2 years!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 09:24:09 pm »
whats the dark and expensive side, are there expensive software then as i thought there was only george, round tracker, wcp, pen paper, what else is there that does round management.
I think he means wcp, but while it's not the cheapest, it is a really good prog

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 09:39:03 pm »
I too have wcp and am very shocked if this is classed as expensive, I think its worth every penny theres plenty of other things in our industry that are a lot more then this programme, and this programme will be one of the long standing items that wont need replacing unlike a vehicle, pole,etc etc  its even cheaper then some hose and reels on the market so I cant understand how a product that does pretty much everything for our day to day work (except clean the windows) can be expensive,

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 10:02:58 pm »
agree with what you say, It's about the attitude to things.
is it £200 out your pocket, or is it the company investing in a product to improve how you operate ;)

Roy Harding

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 10:37:45 pm »
And there is round pro.

http://www.roundpro.co.uk/

Roy

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 11:04:30 pm »
And there is round pro.

http://www.roundpro.co.uk/

Roy

£249+ Vat for a single user license??
It looks rubbish too!

WCP all the way for me, excellent software and top notch support,.. nothing else I tried came close.

fergus77

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 12:59:44 pm »
i found more glitchs on WCP than george.

Example, some customers when you try to manually input a clean or payment, the program won't open up the menu to adjust it, can only be done on the PDA

The program is fantastic though, great layout and plenty of charty things to print off.

master cleaner

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 01:07:14 pm »
this is the problems you were on about i think. i went back to a previous version of george because of it and now i wont upgrade at all

gary

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=82809.0

ianhannaford

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 09:23:03 am »
i found more glitchs on WCP than george.

Example, some customers when you try to manually input a clean or payment, the program won't open up the menu to adjust it, can only be done on the PDA

The program is fantastic though, great layout and plenty of charty things to print off.

Hi Fergus,

Sorry to hear you had a problem. This is the first reported problem of its type and at the moment you cant input a next clean on the PDA so I am unsure exactly
what you were trying to do.  If you would like help in solving this problem please let myself or brad know and well do our best.

Thanks

Ian