Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

howardcleaners

traffic wardens NCP
« on: May 30, 2005, 07:43:46 pm »
In Torbay these blue devils have been told to hand out tickets to all window cleaners and give no time to load or unload not even the 20 minutes they give to other trades as they are saying window cleaners take off a ladder and work so this can not be seen as unloading or loading has any one else got these twits in there area. And do you think I could suethe council for letting these twits put us out of business on any yellow lined roads.

thanks wayne Torbay

dennis buller

Re: traffic wardens NCP
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 07:51:21 pm »
well in milton keynes during the snow they where told they could not wipe the snow off the windows to look at tickets, so a disabled couple got a ticket. they complained firstly to the paper then the council. It is a total nightmare
Dennis

Justin H

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 09:04:05 pm »
Traffic wardens are cool in my area. :)
Mind you the local "old boy" window cleaner takes thye pee by parking on single yellow while he's in the betting shop.Might just ruin it for everyone else.

howardcleaners

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 09:39:45 pm »
The old traffic wardens were very good unstood you were working and as long as you did not take the p they were fine but due to the 57% OAP rate in Torbay who have loads of blue badges the old wardens were unable to ticket them so the council decided to get these NCP wardens who are total g--- and have decided to run window cleaners out of the area, the council say you can buy a waver for £10 book a week before and this is per road per day no one would pay that i said.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 09:43:54 pm »
The old traffic wardens were very good unstood you were working and as long as you did not take the p they were fine but due to the 57% OAP rate in Torbay who have loads of blue badges the old wardens were unable to ticket them so the council decided to get these NCP wardens who are total g--- and have decided to run window cleaners out of the area, the council say you can buy a waver for £10 book a week before and this is per road per day no one would pay that i said.

It's not just the money though, is it?  When the designated day arrives, sod's law says it will be tipping down with rain.  Also, one of the more enjoyable aspects of window cleaning (IMO of course) is the relative freedom of being able to work or not as you please.  Parking issues such as this ruin what I regard as one of the better bits of the job.