Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Daria Taylor

Re: Training
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 05:51:57 pm »
Dash

Sorry ;D

Ye its a family run company and about 6 other staff :)

We've met 3 people and they all was very nice. After all the complaining i did i was very surprised ;)

clinton

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 06:26:41 pm »
Ah it was them that let you down ::)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 06:36:55 pm »
Hi Guys

1. Inspect the suite, is there any evidence of pile distortion, colour bleed etc.
The chances are the custy will have used products to remove stains and this will give you a clue as to how the fabric has reacted.
2. Do a colour bleed test, being especially careful of reds and blacks.
3.Wet out an inconspicuous area and see whether the fabric becomes matted and absorbs lots of water.
Most fabrics will change colour a little but will otherwise look much the same, it is the ones that wet out a lot which need careful management of the pile which might distort and could burst if you are too agressive.These will generally be vicose or cotton velvet and should be left to the more experienced. You will find many people will say just clean it and having prequalified with the custy the possibility of pile distortion you can gain experience this way.
4. Check for delamination with synthetic suedes.
5.Spray some MS or similar onto a towell of microfbre cloth and gently agiatate the fabric, wipe clean with another towell.
6.You should now be fairly sure that the fabric is wet cleanable and can go ahead and HWE clean.
7.If you are not sure clean an inconspicuous area and dry with a hair dryer.
8.Ask the custy questions if you are in doubt as to how the suite will respond and what his/her expectations are.
9.It is better to use small amounts of water and go carefully, than soak with prespary and blast with 300psi, go slowly until you are confident, don't start in the middle of a base cushion, do inspect for wear and tear.
I'm sure others can add to this.
Cheers
Doug