Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

irjones

gutter cleaning
« on: June 13, 2005, 03:41:11 pm »
Hi I was thinking as well as w/c what about gutter cleaningis there a good profit doing this and would I do this @ same time as the windows or do it when it's raing
ir jones

Re: gutter cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 05:38:55 pm »
I do gutters sometimes but avoid the rain so it's easy and less messy to get the muck out - unless you're using wfp - also would rather be safe as poss with the ladders - so dry is better - are you ladders or wfp

irjones

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 06:02:18 pm »
I will be ladders to start off with, but I intend to go over to wfp, but first I want to go round with a window cleaner to learn the job, and
get some tips and to see if I will like it.

many thanks iain
ir jones

irjones

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 12:00:58 pm »
I have not started as yet but the more I read on this forum I will be doing wfp  I think I will get a business loan to gert started so I can buy wfp and a van
Many thanks iain
ir jones

MWCS

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 12:31:10 pm »
I quoted someone the other day for a gutter clean, He wanted his gutter's cleaning out, his guttering, sofits and facias cleaning, his window sills cleaning and his windows cleaned. It was a small terrace house about 2 hours worth of work, I quoted him 40 quid and he looked at me as if i'd just stole his last rolo!!! He said "thats a bit steep, I'm gonna get a few more quotes" I just left my number and walked away. i asked a builder friend of mine to tell me what he'd quote and it was just shy of 150 quid. I'm waiting for him to call back now It's gonna be so nice telling him that I can't fit him in, far too busy  ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 01:33:54 pm »
That's the spirit! ;D

Gutters are a horrible smelly job anyway.

It's always more work than you think too, so hard to price.

Roger.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 04:11:31 pm »
funny thing i did 1 today with my son, took 1 hour charged £50 that's about my normal going rate for front and back gutters.
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk