Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ste M

Nissan Vanette
« on: October 25, 2009, 10:43:16 pm »
Hello, i need to get myself a van soon as i cant keep woking from a c-max with the seats folded down for much longer, ive spotted a nissan for sale locally for 650 and was wondering if anyone has had one as a WC van?

i will be making the full switch to WFP next year when funds allow and i think this van has a payload of 955. I currently am just making the switch over partly and im using a backpack till i get the hang of everything and i make sure my customers are happy with the new service. o think for the price i cant really go wrong, but i dont want to buy it now only to find that they are not big enough to fit a 400L tank in

cheers ste

pingu

Re: Nissan Vanette
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 07:30:32 am »
I have a Nissan Vanette Cargo 2.3d they are woefully under-geared and under powered, noisey and very thirsty..now put 400litres in it and it really is a wallowing, slo boat...If have had my time again I would steer well clear.

It will fit a 650l flat tank very nicely and still leaving you with plenty of room...now read above.

Cheers
Dave.

rg1

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 10:13:11 am »
I have a Nissan Vanette Cargo 2.3d they are woefully under-geared and under powered, noisey and very thirsty..now put 400litres in it and it really is a wallowing, slo boat...If have had my time again I would steer well clear.

It will fit a 650l flat tank very nicely and still leaving you with plenty of room...now read above.

Cheers
Dave.

Agree 100%
Underpowered, noisy and thirsty.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

WISEOWL

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 10:52:05 am »
I have a Nissan Vanette Cargo 2.3d

They are underpowered and noisy but they are also very reliable and a perfect size for the estates - not too small so that you are cramming in loads of stuff and not too big so that they are difficult to negotiate. Very roomy and the hi-roof means that with the tank out I have come in handy for friends and family wanting to move stuff etc.  :)

My van is a 1997 with 70,000 miles on the clock and after a thorough service and exhaust change earlier this year the noise quietened down and it is a smoother drive. Even through the harsh winter of last year the van never failed to start.

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 03:09:02 pm »
i had one for a plumbing business i had,  it was ok, just crap on fuel, but the two side opening doors where rally handy

bad trippy

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 03:26:04 pm »
Try the expert/ dispatch/scudo, there they same van with different badges on em.
You get 3 front seats on most models plenty of room in the back.
900 KG Payload on turbo diesel 815 on straight diesel.
Two side loading doors.
Great on fuel.
Personaly myself i would opt for the turbo diesel as its a much better performence than the staraight diesel lump
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 12:07:23 am »
2.3 nissan engine, might be slow might be noisey, underpowered not really, reliable yes.The only time it will need to go to the garage is to pass it's MOT.

expert/ dispatch/scudo after 8/5/4/ years only good for scrap
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

dean123

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 07:00:55 pm »
got a serena mpv

cost me a fortune when i got it to get it right but not spent a penny on it since

just be carefull as it has a cast head and are prone to over heating

got a fiat for work and its been back under warrenty twice in 18 months