Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MAX Carpets

Re: Yellow Pages & Google
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 07:52:55 am »
I have to admit, I'm not looking to make a fortune, just cover my costs. The reason being I have noticed a big drop in commercial enquities since dropping the directory. I still service all the commercial jobs I picked up from YP in the past so I have got my money back, and £4500 wont skint me (hopefully), and I can get the VAT back, so worth a gamble (hopefully)

Cheers

Justin

markpowell

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 08:28:07 am »
This is how i look at it. Why are they offering a free website on the first page of google?
If Yell.Com is as good as they reakon, why not give you a free listing on there, they are admitting that Yell is pants and that we all know that Google is the place to be if you use the internet as a marketing tool.
I have done YP for many years and slowly watched it slip down hill year on year, they will never see another penny from me that is for sure.
Mark

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 04:26:57 pm »
Got to say YP is still great for me and despite my reservations Yell has been far better than I anticipated.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 08:54:28 pm »
Well, I'm going back in the directory this year, first time in four years. Got the buy one get one free, plus free web page. I still think the directory is a bit of a must, bloody lot of money though. Still down to £4500 +vat from the 13K I used to spend!

Am I right in saying you're in the same area as me? That'll be the Basingstoke, Guildford, Alton edition at about 1.0 inched deep. The same book that used to be Basingstoke and Guildford at 1.5 inches deep and no doubt a few years back was probably just Basingstoke at 2.0 inches deep.
ok businesses advertising in it is clearly dying but with less competition in a larger area would probably bring in more work pro rata.

I've put my money into yell.com this time and we are bringing in more than the monthly outlay.

brianbarber

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 09:32:26 pm »
Yawn.com
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Ricky M

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 09:34:33 pm »
booked another yell. 2 day
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 10:12:00 pm »
I get jobs from Yell.com and for the price it's fine, but I get far more from websites and they cost about, well next to nothing. :-\

M.Acorn

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 09:26:54 am »
Got the rep coming today for my annual meeting,think i am going to reduce my add,have upped it every year since i started out,last year i had a pic of me in my logo`ed top,not got owt from it really.Maybe my ugly mug is putting people off ?
This is the 4th new rep in 5 years,see how much sheit the try and sell me
What goes around comes around