Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TonyD

New Wagtail pad mod.
« on: September 15, 2009, 10:12:37 pm »
I recently purchased the latest blue ribbon Wagtail flipper, but the pad is crap and as mentioned on another thread looked like it was cut by a blindfolded monkey.  I bought a couple of cheap blue/white pads from Lidl and modified them and now it works much better.  Here's some pics for those interested.....

The pad as it comes -

The Lidl pads, £2 or something like for packet of 2 -

Removed the velcro material by easily cutting the stitching -

I then copied the wagtail velcro design by re-attaching/stitching on the removed velcro folded over the edge -

Finished -

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: New Wagtail pad mod.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 10:18:38 pm »
Those are the window cleaning pads, the floor pads are much better. They're thinner, more flexible & so flip better & drop away better which prevents it bunching up at the bottom of the window frame.

TonyD

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 10:20:00 pm »
Those are the window cleaning pads, the floor pads are much better. They're thinner, more flexible & so flip better & drop away better which prevents it bunching up at the bottom of the window frame.

I seen those, I'll try them next then after I've worn these out, ta.

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 10:25:41 pm »
Nice work. But I don`t think you should have to customise the flipper for what they cost.

Gerry.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

TonyD

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 10:28:35 pm »
Yep, you're right there.  Just had to do it to get rid of the rubbish pad, and thought some pics might give others a few idea's.  But, like you say, for the money, it should come working like it should.. :(

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 11:36:19 pm »
Nice work. But I don`t think you should have to customise the flipper for what they cost.

Gerry.

I agree but once you get it right it's worth it's weight in gold.

timon

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 10:52:35 am »
i got one of lidi window cleaning pads .but what i did was cut in half long ways with velco .then put this on wagtail ,so outter the thicker bit flips over better when wet