Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Reflective Property Services

NY window cleaning - times article
« on: May 20, 2005, 12:14:23 pm »
Spotted this article, makes for interesting, if slightly scary reading.  :o Wonder if they have something similar to WAHD  ;D

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,18391-1594815,00.html
Alex Freegard

s.hughes

Re: NY window cleaning - times article
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 01:21:12 pm »
Its good stuff, but I aint got the guts for it.

Steveyboy

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 09:18:29 pm »
That's my goal for 2007.  There is only one company doing it here.  I wouldn't be afraid of equipment failure...just someone evil who gets to the top and lets you go.  Wonder if those guys hire well paid guardians???

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 10:19:32 pm »
Hi Clear View

That's my goal to.  ;D  What a great way to clean windows.

By the end of this year I want to have all the IRATA  (industrial roped access trade association) qualifications to do roped access anywhere even on my own.

I can't wait.

I already have all the gear because rock climbing is a hobby of mine.

Cheers

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 10:52:25 pm »
Hey Ross... That is awesome.  The IWCA has conventions here in the states.  They train you in all the safety and equipment use.  I hope to go to one by this fall.  I hope the best for you.  Let us know when you start!

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 11:01:21 pm »
Hey Ross... That is awesome. The IWCA has conventions here in the states. They train you in all the safety and equipment use. I hope to go to one by this fall. I hope the best for you. Let us know when you start!

Hi again Clear View

Will do and it is awesome (awesome???) and ditto - good luck.

PM me when you get the certificates.

Ross

dennis buller

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 11:18:05 am »
i would probobly have more fun than cleaning windows. the paperwork to manage the equipment would be horendous.... dennis

Jonathan Adams

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 11:31:54 am »
Hi

Great article, i helped some rope access guys out in Birmingham a couple of years ago and they told me this story. They were cleaning a block of council flats using rope access somewhere (can't remember where they said) when a guy came to one of the windows they where cleaning opened it and produced a knife saying he was going to cut the rope as he thought they were coppers, needless to say the window cleaner said #### this and abseiled to the bottom. Obviously all the guy's where pulled off the building and never went back. Now that is scary.

Jonathan